Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can’t I fully listen to a album or playlist

Why can’t I fully listen to a album or playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Every time I play a album or playlist it starts playing endless suggested songs. This usually happens 3-6 songs into the album or playlist. How do I fix this? (I have free version btw)

4 Replies

Hello @XxxBatmanxxX

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

On Spotify Free you won't be able to play just one album on mobile, you'll get some recommendations between the songs. 

You can still play on-demand using e.g. a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

For more detail on how Spotify Free works on mobile, take look at this article.

If you want to check different subscriptions offered by Spotify, here's a support article for you. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Thank you for reaching out. But however, I understand that I can only shuffle play an album, but whenever I do that, the album will only play a few songs before it bugs out and plays unlimited suggested songs. This mostly happens before the album is even halfway done. I do know that Spotify will shuffle extra songs in with the album, but that isn’t what I’m talking about.

Hi @XxxBatmanxxX

I can suggest performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Also, make sure that the Autoplay feature is off. 

However, I'm using Spotify Free as well and I'd say that's how albums or short playlists work on mobile. 

As a work-around you could create a playlist with the album and add some other songs or just double the ones from the album you want to play to make the playlist at least 15 songs long. It shouldn't make so many recommendations then. 

You can also use desktop and you'll be able to play the album in the original order without any recommendations. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Alright. Thanks a lot Emily! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the
help!

Suggested posts