Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does streaming music on Spotify drain my Apple Watch battery so quickly?

Why does streaming music on Spotify drain my Apple Watch battery so quickly?

Occasionally when I stream music via Spotify on my Apple Watch SE, the battery falls from 100% to 10% in 20 minutes and the watch crashes. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened with a couple of different earphones. I have tried removing the Spotify app and reinstalling it, but the problem persists. Can anyone help?

2 Replies

Hiya txom, It sounds like there may be an issue with the Spotify app or with the battery on your Apple Watch SE. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure your Apple Watch is running the latest version of watchOS. To check for updates, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to General > Software Update, and follow the prompts.

2. Try resetting your Apple Watch to its factory settings. To do this, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to General > Reset, and select "Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings". This will delete all data and settings from your watch, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding.

3. If the issue persists after resetting your watch, contact Apple Support to have your watch checked for any hardware issues.

4. If your watch is not the issue, try contacting Spotify Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their technical team.

5. You can also try using a different music streaming app on your watch to see if the issue is specific to Spotify. If the battery still drains quickly with other apps, it may be a hardware issue with your watch.

Highest regards, 

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1000059200.jpg

It's started doing exactly the same on Galaxy Watch 5. I'm listening to music on my Xbox - and the watch app is draining my phone battery at the same time. 

C'mon Spotify, sort it out or the app will have to go from my watch. It's pretty useless anyway given that you've somehow forgotten to allow us to play music via the watch. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Do better. 

Suggested posts