Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does the cover art for my local files load on pc but not on my phone?

Why does the cover art for my local files load on pc but not on my phone?

This has never been an issue until a few days ago, when I downloaded a few songs to local file into spotify. The songs looked like they were working fine but when I added them to my playlist and downloaded them onto my phone, they had no cover art, despite them working perfectly normally on my computer. I looked for a solution and I've yet to find one that works. I've only seen one thread about this exact issue before, and the other person this happened to said that it fixed itself overnight. This problem started 3 nights ago and not a single one of the files has fixed itself so far. I tried doing a completely different local file last night just to test, and it worked instantly. Does anyone know how I can fix these other files?
1 Reply

Hi there @zparaa,

Thanks for the post.

Spotify is primarily meant for streaming the Spotify catalog, so not all features are supported for local files. If you want, you can try converting the file to an .mp3 and adding an album artwork in the file's metadata again. You can search online for software which can help you edit the track metadata. We recommend using 300x300 px .png or .jpg files for the cover.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts