Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution UI bug: play / shuffle button obscures "..." button during playlist filter

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6s+ Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or Issue It is not possible to tap the "..." button for the first result of a filtered playlist. To reproduce:1. select "Your Library"2. select "Liked Songs" (or any playlist)...

IMG_2732.jpg
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone 6s+   Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue   It is not possible to tap the "..." button for the first resul...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs don't play when tapped

PremiumUSiPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1 When I tap a song at the top of the "Liked Songs" list, it plays no problem. When I scroll down the list (I have about 12,000 songs in the library) and tap a song there, it would sometimes start playing with a huge dela...

• Gig Goer
  • Premium US iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1   When I tap a song at the top of the "Liked Songs" list, it plays no problem. When I scroll down the list (I have about 12,000 songs in the library) and tap...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS][Your Library] Re-Separate Songs,Podcasts, and Playlists

Separate podcasts, songs, and playlists so they are not all jumbled together, like keep the tabs on top in “My Library” (Artists, Playlists, Podcasts) but only show them when clicked on. I.e. when you click “Playlists”, just show Playlists, when you ...

• Roadie
  • Separate podcasts, songs, and playlists so they are not all jumbled together, like keep the tabs on top in “My Library” (Artists, Playlists, Podcasts) but only show them when clicked on. I.e. when yo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not resume play after Siri/Google Maps Speaks

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating System My Question or IssueWhen Siri/Google maps speaks, my Spotify audio pauses. This is fine. However, the issue is that Spotify audio does not resume after Siri/Google Maps is done speaking.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System     My Question or Issue When Siri/Google maps speaks, my Spotify audio pauses. This is fine. However, the issue is that...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Creating a smart playlist for grouping podcasts together

hi allListen to quite a few parcast shows. Does anyone know how to create: smart playlists with the spotify app to listen to podcasts with? Rather than the tedious process of adding one by one manually.Thanking you all in advance for any replies.Rega...

• Music Fan
  • hi all Listen to quite a few parcast shows.  Does anyone know how to create: smart playlists with the spotify app to listen to podcasts with?  Rather than the tedious process of...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • parcast
    Playlists
    Podcasts
    Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle playlist is broken - here is photo evidence

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14.4My Question or IssueWhenever I shuffle a playlist, it typically plays the same songs from that playlist each time. For example, I shuffle playlist Feel-Good Indie Rock one day...

sadastronaut_0-1611871752218.png sadastronaut_1-1611871760282.png sadastronaut_2-1611871767700.png sadastronaut_3-1611871774721.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14.4 My Question or Issue Whenever I shuffle a playlist, it typically plays the same songs from that playlist ea...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to repeat a track

Hi, how do you repeat a track? I can’t seem to find the repeat button anywhere. Thanks.

• Hi, how do you repeat a track? I can’t seem to find the repeat button anywhere. Thanks.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t find spotify kids in app store

Hi i have a iphone 12, all updates are done, have space, checked location but still when i search spotify kids in app store won’t show up pls advice thanks in advane kat

• Hi i have a iphone 12, all updates are done, have space, checked location but still when i search spotify kids in app store won’t show up   pls advice   thanks in advane kat
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] app shows my username instead of displayname inside homescreen

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS15 My Question or IssueInstead of showing my display name, the app shows my username which it has chosen itself and I cannot change it.See attachment. The name shown in the screenshot is ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS15   My Question or Issue Instead of showing my display name, the app shows my username which it has chosen itself...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Browse] UI Update Improvements

I've begun to wonder if Spotify put me into a beta test group since I can't find anyone else who's seen this update. If this is the case, I'd love to be removed from the beta group. Otherwise, here's my feedback on the update and how to improve it. S...

• Casual Listener
  • I've begun to wonder if Spotify put me into a beta test group since I can't find anyone else who's seen this update. If this is the case, I'd love to be removed from the beta group. Otherwise, here's...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution In car (connected by usb) only playing one song

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone12/Citroen DS3Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueAfter the last update when playing Spotify in the car stops after one song and reverts to Apple Music. I have tried to do a clean reinstall, changed streami...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone12/Citroen DS3 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue After the last update when playing Spotify in the car stops after one...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liking song displays next played song as liked (UI break)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS14.7.1 My Question or IssueI was going through my discover weekly and was liking songs from it and when I would like a song while it was playing and let it play through the next song would still ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS14.7.1   My Question or Issue I was going through my discover weekly and was liking songs from it and when I would like a ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • display
    liked songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Player playlist name text is too high

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueWhen i listen to a song, the playlist text at the top of the player is too high. It only fixes restarting the app.Demo link: https://drive.google.com/file/...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue When i listen to a song, the playlist text at the top of the player is too high...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix AirPlay playing in mono instead of stereo

If I start AirPlay when a song is already playing on my iPhone, the sound outputs in mono instead of stereo on my loudspeakers. If I force shutdown the Spotify app and reopen it, the sound is now correctly in stereo. This can be easily checked by pla...

• Regular
  • If I start AirPlay when a song is already playing on my iPhone, the sound outputs in mono instead of stereo on my loudspeakers.   If I force shutdown the Spotify app and reopen it, the sound i...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does music stop playing when scrolling past ads or videos while browsing the web or instagram?

When I scroll past an ad or video (without stopping or clicking on it) while Spotify is playing, the music stops and doesn’t restart on its own once I've scrolled past it. iPhone 11, Safari, everything up to date. Premium family plan. Tried restartin...

• Casual Listener
  • When I scroll past an ad or video (without stopping or clicking on it) while Spotify is playing, the music stops and doesn’t restart on its own once I've scrolled past it.   iPhone 11, Safari,...
  • Lovemonsoonrain
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 11
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Timestamps missing on iPad player

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPad Pro 2018 11”Operating SystemiPadOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify iPad app (2018 11” iPad Pro in my case) the Timestamps do not show on the player in the bottom left hand corner. This is especially annoy...

BC1052B1-B6CF-4197-B44E-818E6C7A0AE1.jpeg 1532D197-652E-40EA-8643-D1A1E1D50C1D.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPad Pro 2018 11” Operating System iPadOS 15   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify iPad app (2018 11” iPad Pro in my case) the Timestamps...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Siri not Providing Voice Directions while Streaming Spotify

Hey, everyone!About a week ago, Siri stopped providing me with voice directions while driving. I still get a little jingle when I need to make a change, but I much prefer Siri telling me what to do. The issue occurs through Bluetooth and AUX and only...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, everyone! About a week ago, Siri stopped providing me with voice directions while driving. I still get a little jingle when I need to make a change, but I much prefer Siri telling me what to ...
  • greendayfan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Battery Drain IOS 14.6

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or IssueIs it normal using 20% background activity in 2 hours and a half? I've tried reinstalling the app, and background refresh is disabled already

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue Is it normal using 20% background activity in 2 hours and a half?  I've tri...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio not working

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueWhen i play a song, the audio doesn’t work, i already tried to reboot the iPhone, but the problem persistsDemo video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bjf7...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue When i play a song, the audio doesn’t work, i already tried to reboot the iPhon...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Error

Hi, I can't download music when connected to Wifi network even though the iOS device has storage space. The error I get is as in the screenshot. Thank you in advance for your help... Device: iPhone Xr 64gb

• Regular
  • Hi, I can't download music when connected to Wifi network even though the iOS device has storage space. The error I get is as in the screenshot. Thank you in advance for your help...   Device:...
  • CarlosE
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes