Premium

Country

United State

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

Spotify won't connect to Wi-Fi even though it is working for all my other apps. Spotify is the only app that seems to be the problem. I have to use mobile data in order for it to work. 

This problem just started 2 days ago, it worked fine before that. It stops playing songs about 10 seconds into the song. It says "go online to get more recommended songs" when I am connected to the wi-fi. 

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, shutting off my phone and turning it back on, making sure my phone is updated, and logging off all devices. 

What else can I do to get this to work? I use spotify quite a bit at work and this is using a huge amount of my data. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It wasn't just my iphone, it happened to a co-worker as well who has a samsung. It turns out it was something to do only with the wi-fi at the office and only with cell phones. Laptops worked fine.  I talked to IT and I don't know what they did but it seems to be working this week. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @chelle20,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Does this happen with different WiFi networks or only a certain one? This may be related to some network setting on your phone. Check a different phone on your home network to confirm this. Also check a different WiFi network.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Dian, 

have you been able to solve the problem. I'm experiencing the same issue since the IOS 16 update, with Spotify and few more apps.

Thanks, Marco

I found this solution with support team: iPhone settings - Wi-Fi - press on the "i" and check the setting of "Proxy HTTP" I changed mine from none to "automatic"and seems to be working

Hey @cmarco69!

Thank you for letting us know 🙂
We're glad things are working as intended now & we're here for you if anything else comes up.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

It wasn't just my iphone, it happened to a co-worker as well who has a samsung. It turns out it was something to do only with the wi-fi at the office and only with cell phones. Laptops worked fine.  I talked to IT and I don't know what they did but it seems to be working this week. 

Suggested posts