Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is it so hard to delete a song from a playlist?

Why is it so hard to delete a song from a playlist?

To preface, I have premium, so all feature should be open to me. Only Spotify mobile it is nearly impossible to delete a songs from a playlist. You can’t delete the song if you just scroll and find it, if you filter and search for it, or if it’s currently playing and you click on the options for it. You first how to click the button to “edit” the playlist, which is already stupid because you don’t have to do this on your computer. Once edit mode is enabled you can’t use the filter search button so you have to scroll down and find the song. This is incredibly annoying especially when you have many songs on a playlist. Why can’t I just use the search feature to find the song in my playlist when in edit mode, why is edit mode even a thing?

9 Replies

You may suggest improvement here. Community Ideas Exchange

Hey ClockworkCatz! Hope you're having a nice day. (:

Edit mode exists so you can reorder songs, aditionally to deleting them.

Have you tried swiping to the left the dong you want to delete? Spotify app has this cool feature where if you swipe left, it'll queue the song, and if you swipe right, it deletes it from the playlist. This feature works when searching songs inside the playlist too!

Give it try! Hope I helped!

Removing a song from a playlist is too hard. I often use Spotify on my tablet, and I feel the same. I have a playlist of 400 songs, and I always wish they could add this simple functionality next to the “add to playlist”. I like Spotify, but I’m getting frustrated to the point of wanting to cancel my subscription 😕

Not on my Itouch, or my phone. 

try swiping left on the song you want to delete! Super helpful, super simple! 

Tried the swipe left thing on my iPad. It says "removed from your library", but it does not remove it from the playlist 😕

On Android, it seems to give you the options to delete your songs from your playlist super easily (even if the sync with other devices appears to miss some deletion, but that's okay for now) so Android it is for me.

That only deletes the song from my library, not the playlist.

Well, most of my playlists are 300-1000 songs, and I can't search for songs in edit mode which means I need to scroll through hundreds of songs just to find the one song I want to delete. Not really ideal.

You don’t have to put the playlist in edit mode to remove a song. When in the songs you’ve added just click the 3 dots next to the song and scroll down a bit. An option to remove the song should appear.

Suggested posts