Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why was the radio function removed from the IOS App?

Why was the radio function removed from the IOS App?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Last year, the radio function on the app for IOS disappeared, I guess with an update. However, now all I have are playlists, which songs can't be thumbed up or down, therefore have to listen to the same crapy songs and the playlists aren't nearly as diverse. Is there any way to bring this function back? Thankfully, it's still on my desktop app, but seriously, taking away options/functions is a good way to irate your subscribers and lose out on that money as they go search other places for their music fix. If you're going to "experiment" with new layouts, removing/adding functions, etc. try creating a "beta" version for people to opt into and get feedback if this is a good idea. Or create choices for different layouts/functions.

2 Replies

First I will say it is annoying how many people have complained about this yet Spotify has not officially responded. Second the playlists update regularly and are supposed to use the same algorithms that discover weekly use to choose the songs. Third if you have auto play turned on the playlist turns into a traditional radio station once the playlist ends. In fact you can just select the last song on the playlist and hit the next button and the radio station will start right away. 

Great. Spotify has changed the windows app too, so I can't thumbs up or down a song and have to pass on. This is ridiculous, especially when we can't remove a song from a playlist. I've spent way to much time trying to figure this ridiculous move on Spotify's part, especially if they won't address people's concerns. Apparently, their business model has gone to their heads and focus narrowed to the bottom line to care about their customers. Just like other companies who lose the scope of their customer base. It would seem my only choice is to cancel my subscription and move on. Pity.

Suggested posts