Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me search

Solved!

Won't let me search

Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then redownloaded it and it still won't work. And now none of my old stuff will load because I can't access the offline music. My playlists page just had the loading symbol and I can't even see my playlists.
83 Replies

Hey.

I'm having the same problem on my andriod app, all of a sudden i cant search for anything.

Just keep getting the really helpful 'oops something went wrong' message.

So far i have stopped app and cleared all running processes and re-started my device. No joy.

hi im using spotify on my windows 7 laptop. ive reinstalled it 3 times and checked all my firewall and antivirus settings but whenever i try to look up songs it comes up with a blank screen. search works fine on my ipod and iphone but not on my windows, the browse comes up with a blnk screen but if i click randomnly it comes up with the playlists. any help? please? 

@Mary_parkerd wrote:
Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then redownloaded it and it still won't work. And now none of my old stuff will load because I can't access the offline music. My playlists page just had the loading symbol and I can't even see my playlists.

hi im using spotify on my windows 7 laptop. ive reinstalled it 3 times and checked all my firewall and antivirus settings but whenever i try to look up songs it comes up with a blank screen. search works fine on my ipod and iphone but not on my windows, the browse comes up with a blnk screen but if i click randomnly it comes up with the playlists. any help? please? 

Have you tried the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i just tried it and it didnt work 😕

@ma-tt If you're still having problems, please start a new thread over in the android section, thanks.

@charniikyriacou can you try launching from the command line as described here. If you have any further problems, please post in that thread, thanks.

Windows 7 desktop.  Cannot search for new songs.  My account works fine on my laptop.  I've tried logging out.  Closing out.  Shuting down computer.  Uninstall/install.  Still can't search on desktop.

Im having this issue now aswell, sometimes I can't search on my iphone and now I can't search anything at all on computer(windows 8). But my playlists are working fine.

Thank you in advanced ! 🙂

when I click the search icon the whole app just turns off and takes me back to my Home screen. I have the premium.

Want let me search on search bar if not fixed I'm gona drop u guys hadn't been able to search for 3 wks now

Hadn't been able to use search bar for bout 3 wks now if I can't search gona drop u guys

@vbradshaw 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't even click on search. I mean I click on the search button but it doesn't come up or load. what am i supposed to do?

@dundermifflin00 

Have you tried reinstalling the app first?

MattSudaSpotify Star

yep nothing.  I'm using it on a pc using chrome.

@dundermifflin00 

Try this:

Uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option in  Edit/Spotify > Preferences > User Interface.

disable hardware acceleration UI.png

Then restart Spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star

I am trying to find where and what you're talking about, and I can't find it.  Does it help that I'm using it as a chrome app?  Because I am not able to download it onto my computer.

Marked as solution

@dundermifflin00 

Oh, I thought you were using the desktop app.

If you are using the web app, then your problem might be totally different.

I've seen other people post that they are having the same problem and what fixed it was using Spotify in a incognito window.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

So I've recently gone back into spotify, and the problem has magically been fixed.  I don't really know what happened, but whatever it was did the trick.  I just wanted to thank you so much for your help, time, and patience.  I would definitley recommend you to others in need of assistance.

Again, thank you so much.

Suggested posts