Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me search

Solved!

Won't let me search

Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then redownloaded it and it still won't work. And now none of my old stuff will load because I can't access the offline music. My playlists page just had the loading symbol and I can't even see my playlists.
83 Replies

Every time I search I get the message 'An error occurred, please try searching again' - I can play music like normal, as long as I don't try to search.

Tried the web player, desktop app for Mac, and iPhone app. Reinstalled apps, restarted devices.

When trying to search, shows "An error occurred/try again"

I have done a hard and soft reset of my phone, as well as reinstalled the app

I am running the most current version of iOS and Spotify on an iPhone 7
IMG_0725.PNG

same here. It won't let me search on my iPad or on my android Note 4. At first I was getting the 'something's wrong' message, and now nothing at all happens. It's like it doesn't even notice that I've typed something into the search box so it ignores it when I hit the search button.

Same issue. I can't search on the Android app. I've tried restarting and uninstalling the app. I can play music in my library and have a good connection, but search says "Ooops, something went wrong." or nothing at all.
Screenshot_20161124-212406.png

I did all the steps, and still it didn't work. Can you please help me??!?

Thanks!!!!

Not fixed

Same here

Seems that many people tonight are having the same issue. I'm going to guess it's a Spotify server problem or something.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

This thread is old - to all new people commenting (11/24/16), the following solutions are not going to work for you. This is a Spotify server issue that seems to be isolated to Northeast regions of the US. Just wait it out, no amount of reinstalling or logging out and logging back in is gonna fix it.

As inspiring as the previous post was, (no doubt post propter hoc, ergo propter hoc) the problem has been solved for me.

Nope, they're just working again in general, I'd been testing this for a little while. Had a feeling this wouldn't take that long to solve. Widespread server outages for an hour-long period of time are bad for business.

In that case, thank you.

I dont get an error message at all. Just freezes and goes back to home screen? Whats up with that? Please help

I tried restarting my phone and it still doesn't work

I'm having the same problem as well. Radio also won't work for me.

android user here, doesn't work

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/quot-An-Error-Occured-Try-Again-quot-Message-Everyw...

Had the same problem. The solution from this article (however strange it seemed) worked.

I keep getting an oops try again on my search bar it wont work on my galaxy s5 and i have premium

Hi there, my spotify app on my mac seems to not be working. When i search I can usually search for 5-6 artists and when i start playing music, i can no longer search for new artists. Nothing appears or it tells me that artist is not on spotify and im pretty sure maroon 5 is on spotify. I have restarted the app and my laptop, and I have also redownloaded the app. I woud really like to search for music, please help

I tried restarting my ipad and the Spotify app still will not let me search. What can I do??

Suggested posts