Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Your Music' needs available offline option, and USA localization.

'Your Music' needs available offline option, and USA localization.

I like the new look and feel of the app, Spotify did a really nice job with it. It's a bit buggy, but I know those bugs will get resolved in time.

The biggest issue for me is that if Spotify wants us to use 'Your Music' instead of 'Starred,' that's fine, I understand the logic behind it, but they need to allow us to sync all music to our phones, otherwise they are essentially removing a feature that we used to have access to. The greatest thing about the starred playlist is how easy it was to add a song to it, and have it automatically downloaded to the phone. That's no longer available unless I want to manually add each new song that I like to a playlist in addition to adding it to 'Your Music.' Kind of defeats the purpose.

Another thing that I'm surprised they haven't done is US localization. In the United States, the word "favorite" does not have a 'u' in it (see attachment). The iPhone supports different language modes such as American English and British English where it then automacally adjusts the user interface of the phone to be correct in your part of the world. The Spotify app does not adhear this, and spelling words incorrectly just makes the app look unprofessional and sketchy. This isn't a usability issue, I just feel like it hurts the feel of the app, as it should adjust from country to country.

Just my thoughts. Would love to see an update soon.

Thanks to the Spotify team for everything they do.

Photo Apr 10, 10 32 52 PM.png
4 Replies

I am so glad I saw your post!  I've bounced around the past few years from Spotify to Rdio, and was just trying out Beats.  I originally left Spotify trying to find something better because I didn't like tabbed search, the general look and use of the iPhone app, and the fact that I had to save albums as playlists.  Since other services were lackng in other ways, I have made my way back to Spotify and was happy to see that it has improved by leaps and bounds.  The only thing it still didn't seem to have was the ability to save albums.  Now that I've seen your post and tried it, my "playlists" menu changed to "Your Music" and I love it.  I now have everything I need!

The only small improvement I'd like to see though is if the Albums were grouped by artist in some way.  It would be fine to list them as they are on the same level as long as the sort was Artist, then Album Name instead just on Album Name.

Don't worry, I expect those kind of issues will be resolved before long. In particular, sorting seems to be slowly making its way from platform to platform. The team is still hard at work with this being the first release on iPhone to include Your Music, so stay tuned. Thanks for the feedback!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

+1

Automatically downloading starred or liked songs was a feature I was using heavily and I am sad that it got taken away without a replacement. I understand that the app needs to evolve but it would be prudent to only deprecate old features once the new ones have parity.

Yeah the spotify team is informed and there's something in the pipeline. Priority is to get most of the devices up to speed with the updates spotify interface.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts