Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ads in other app stops music

ads in other app stops music

Is there a way to prevent an app from stopping my music that is playing? This really only happens when im using the chive app but when I am listening to my spotify and switch into the chive app the ads at the bottom sometime stop my music. It is only some of the ads but as long as it is their turn in the ads rotation and up my music will not play while I have the chive app open.

3 Replies

This is still an issue. I don't understand why a free app that has ads has the ability to stop my music in Spotify which I pay for. It literally means I can't listen to music AND use another app at the same time if it has ads. Spotify should be muting all other apps?

Hi there @holster,

Thanks for the post.

The Spotify app can't control the sound priorities on your phone. This is managed by the OS of the device. 

Depending on your device model, you can check online how to disable sound on the other app which is playing sound on ads when opened. On most phones that can be done through the device settings > Notifications or through the individual app settings > Notifications.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response. Disabling notifications doesn't stop ads from
stopping my music and playing their own sounds. I checked one of the games
apps and I have all sounds off and there are no additional options to
change. It's frustrating that an ad has control over stopping my music.

I agree it's more of a phone setting than purely a Spotify issue but maybe
Spotify would have more success asking android and apple to change their
software than I would?!
I am using a Google Pixel.

Suggested posts