Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 10 Bluetooth stream to BMW Connected Drive

iOS 10 Bluetooth stream to BMW Connected Drive

Hello, 

I am experiencing an issue with displaying track title and correct album art information when streaming from iPhone 7 to my BMW. The connected drive system will only display the track name and album art information of the first track played when connection was established. Bluetooth has to be disconnected and re-connected to change the displayed information. 

Both myself and the wife recently changed from Android devices to new iPhone 7s. This was never a problem with our android devices, although android is not programmed to display album art informaiton, the song title was correctly displayed. 

I did some research on the forum and found this was an issue discussed back in 2015

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/BMW-Connected-Album-Art-Issue/m-p/1005622

The proposed solution was to make sure the onboard connected drive system and bluetooth drivers are up to date. I tried this without any further success. 

I should also mention that the integration works perfectly when the USB cable is connected to the car.

I am not sure if this is a BMW or a Spotify issue, however appreciate any help I can get. 

Thanks

5 Replies

I have the exact same issue oh my BMW 420. I updated connect drive to the latest version throught USB, but problem keeps persisting. The weird stuff is that on my previous car (a BMW 320) spotify over Bluetooth was working flawlessly. 

That sounds strange. 

Do you by any chance know if your 320 was running a different software version or bluetooth driver?

Perhaps the issue is only persent with the newest software update. 

Very annoying, thats for sure. 

I left it already to BMW so I can't check anymore. I remember at a certain point I had an issue and made an update on that one as well... can anyone point out which version of Software is working well? I could restore the original old version and then update to the fonctioning one... now I have the latest UPD05074 package from BMW website...

UPDATE: IT can be FIXED! Just bring it at the dealer, they made for me today a general upgrade and now is working flawlessly.

Did they charge you for this at all? Do you know specifiaclly what they did?

I only ask because i have the exact same issue on my 2013 335i Spotify doesnt show album art or title apart from the first song so i had to switch to Apple Music which works perfectly but the interface is **bleep** compared to Spotify, id like to to back to Spotify if i could.

Suggested posts