Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS DATA LEAKAGE - PLEASE RESPOND

iOS DATA LEAKAGE - PLEASE RESPOND

To Whom It May Concern - 

As an iPhone user on Verizon Wireless, I generally use 1.5gb of data per month.  My recent bill has me at upwards of 17gb from 12/23/13-1/22/14.  The Spotify application has been draining a ridiculous amount of data, and I've recently received the phone bill.  

I'm now repsponsible for $110.00 worth of additional charges due to a bug in the Spotify application.  From reading through this forum, it's very obvious that I am not alone.  

I'm a huge fan of the Spotify service, and a huge evangelist as well.  However, this current situation is absolutely unfair and can't be ignored. To make matters worse, Spotify has provided no direct line of communication with regards to customer service or technical support.  In a dire situation like this, I'm forced to make a post on a message board. An unprofessional move which causes a user to question the level of trust we can have in the Spotify service.  

I strongly urge a member of the Spotify team to reach out to me directly with an organized plan of action on how they will be proceeding in reimbursing me for the financial burden caused by their service.  I will be listing my device information below, along with methods in which to contact me.  

-Ryan

rydog182@hotmail.com

Device: iPhone 5s

Operating System: iOS 7.0.4

Spotify Version: Whichever version came before the recent 0.9.3.212 update

Provider: Verizon Wireless

IMG_1164.PNG
Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 4.52.26 PM.png
1 Reply

There is an open bugs topic about this issue here on the community:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Application-using-excessive-mobile-data/td-p/636966

The community are currently trying to collect data if this is still happening in v0.9.3 as there appeared to be a patch to fix the issue in that release. If you are still seeing issues with v0.9.3, if you could add the details requested in this post it would be very helpful. 

Also, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team directly at any time using the online contact form and they will be more than happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts