Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

As the title says - metadata not syncing with my BMW F11 2013. The firmware update that I have on the vehicle's head unit is UPD05074 which is the latest one. Once the first song plays, the metadata just sticks, and does not update until I switch Bluetooth off and back on again. Also if the phone is already connected with the head unit, and only then I launch Spotify, there is no playback, until I switch between radio and Bluetooth several times. 

I have attempted to use an Android device, Pixel 6 Pro in particular just now, and none of the two problems that I've mentioned are present, it just works flawlessly.

An update resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated as it is quite frustrating.

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Rytis

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @volcano--,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're aware of this issue and the right folks are currently looking into it. We suggest adding your +Vote and info to this Ongoing Issue thread. We'll be sharing any developments about this over there.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

let me just mention that I've tried to reset the car head unit, update its firmware, delete the Bluetooth device and reconnect it from scratch, all of which have failed.

Marked as solution

Hey @volcano--,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're aware of this issue and the right folks are currently looking into it. We suggest adding your +Vote and info to this Ongoing Issue thread. We'll be sharing any developments about this over there.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Did you ever find a fix this?

Hey @JacobE1,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

According to this Ongoing Issue thread shared by @CarlosE, this should be fixed now. 

If you're having issues from your end, send us over the make/model and firmware version of your receiver, along with the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your phone. 

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts