NEXT STEP

[iOS] [iPhone 8] App says I'm offline when trying to listen on Verizon LTE

[iOS] [iPhone 8] App says I'm offline when trying to listen on Verizon LTE

Premium

USA

Device

iPhone 8

My Question or Issue

I switched to Verizon recently from T-Mobile, and when I did, I switched from an iPhone 7+ to an 8+. Before I had no issues listening to music on LTE during my commute.

Now on the new device, anytime I open the app while on LTE it says that I am offline, even though I am not. Listening on LTE even with full bars and signal has become almost impossible and very frustrating. 

I'm hoping this is a known issue? It's made the app basically unusable unless I'm on wifi, and I'm never on wifi while on my commute attempting to listen to a podcast. 

Everything is updated to the newest version (app and OS).

Hoping to find a solution to this.

2 Replies

Good Evening Campbell93 !

I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

This has never happened to me and I use Verizon on my Iphone. I'm wondering if this is something within your phone settings. I would suggest going to settings and checking your cellular section. Just double check if cellular data is on for Spotify. 

If that doesn't work, feel free to ask more questions!

Hey Arielle,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I've checked this before (and just did again) and everything is "on"  in regards to data/cellular etc for the app.

I've tripple checked that the app isn't sent to offline either. Sometimes it works on LTE, but usually it says I'm offline, and it won't download or play anything, no matter how many times I quit and re-open.

Suggested posts