Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS search function is not bringing back any results at all. Cannot search period.

Solved!

iOS search function is not bringing back any results at all. Cannot search period.

Description

Device + App Versions Being Used:

I'm on iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2 (11D257), AT&T). Spotify Version build: 1.5.0.2728, but this has been happening for approximately 2 weeks, and the app auto updates so it's been the last 2 weeks of builds).  

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Open Spotify 

2. Go to search

3. Search anything (ie. "a", or "bowie", or "david bowie", or "2 live crew"

4. Search displays text: "No results found for "david bowie". Please make sure your words are spelled correctly, or use less or different keywords". 

5. Tried closing app, re-opening, and trying steps 1 - 3. Same results as in step 4.  

6. Tried deleting app, downloading again, and trying steps 1 - 3. Same results as in step 4. 

What I expected to happen

Bring back search results that i was searching for. 

What actually happened

No search results. No results found for "david bowie". Please make sure your words are spelled correctly, or use less or different keywords". 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5, AT&T

Device’s Operating System

iOS 7.1.2 (11D257), AT&T)

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

30 playlists. None are synced. 

My mobile Spotify version

Spotify Version build: 1.5.0.2728, but this has been happening for approximately 2 weeks, and the app auto updates so it's been the last 2 weeks of builds).  

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My provider and country

AT&T, US

My username

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@apwroblewski 

I just tried to reproduce this issue - and it's working fine for me. Probably your cache is corrupted, I suggest that you follow the steps below to do a cleanup of your application:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the info.

This should now be working as normal, please log out/in and let us know.

Thanks. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Marked as solution

Awesome, thanks for confirming 🙂 

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

26 Replies

Hi there, apwroblewski.

Welcome to the Spotify community!

We're sorry the Spotify iOS app isn't behaving perfectly.

I have just tested the latest Spotify on my iPhone 5 (same model that you have specified — same iOS version), and I cannot reproduce the bug. Can you please provide information about your connectivity so we can further investigate the issue?

Search result are tightly related to being connected to the Internet properly, so it may be an issue with that.

Again, we're sorry you're having trouble — we hope to get this fixed for you as soon as possible so you can get back to enjoying the music you love.

- Chris.

Not all stars are composed of rock.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi Chris, and thanks for your super fast response! 

This has been happening on all sorts of networks, wireless at multiple locations (home, work, starbucks, etc.), as well as LTE and 4G while in the car, subway, etc. Same results. 

This happens about 90% of the time that I try to search, and then 10% of the time it works like a charm. 

Marked as solution

@apwroblewski 

I just tried to reproduce this issue - and it's working fine for me. Probably your cache is corrupted, I suggest that you follow the steps below to do a cleanup of your application:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

This did the trick! Thanks for your help!

This did not work for me.  I tried it twice.  The 2nd time I also used the battery saver app to remove junk fragments after deleting the app, then reset my iPhone 4 before reinstalling.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. Could anyone of you attach a screenshot of this issue? Make sure that you're fully connected and not in offline mode too. 

Thank you!

I have similar problems with Iphone 6plus. Search does not work. Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Still no luck. Shutting phone on and off, etc.  Any other ideas??

Im also having the same problem, i try deleting all my offline devices, deleting the app and reinstaller again, no luck still doenst work
image.jpg

I am having the same troubles, it won't open for me

Same here.
I'll try to do this trick and will post the result soon.

I tried it twice and it doesn't work for me neither.

Everything worked fine saturday and suddenly on monday, I discovered this issue.

For info, I tried on another iphone with my account and same issue.

I also tried on Android and it's working.

Tried it too, without any results
Come on spotify give us a solution!

Not working for me either!

Search is working on my devices, so it doesn't appear to be a total outage.

Could you let us know what devices you are seeing this on (Spotify + iOS versions) and your location in the world?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Here it is

Spotify version 1.8.0.2444

IOS 8.0.2 (12A405)

Iphone 5

thanks in advance

Spotify version: 1.8.0.2444

IOS 8.0.2

Iphone 4S

IOS 8.0.2
Iphone 5S

Having the same issues the last few days on both iPad and iPhone(s).

All devices havce stopped searching. I've logged out from all and re-installed all. Still not working.

I've tried over wifi and over 3G only.

IOS 7.0.3
iPad 3

IOS 7.0.4
iPhone 4

IOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4

This is killing me. Mobile Spotify without search is pretty poor 😞

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the info.

This should now be working as normal, please log out/in and let us know.

Thanks. 

___

Suggested posts