Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS11 iPad Where are the volume controls?

iOS11 iPad Where are the volume controls?

I just got an iPad Pro, and when on its side, the hardware buttons are almost impossible to access.

May I ask why there is no way to adjust the volume of the music on the main Spotify now playing screen? This is pretty much essential basic funcitonality in a music player.

Is everyone else suffering this problem too?

I've tried connecting my iPhone via connect, but that can't act as a volume control either.

3 Replies

M48 — Spotify has not yet added volume controls into the application. But, I would sugges connecting your ipad to a bluetooth speaker and then controlling volume from there if you want it to be loud and the volume buttons accessible!

— avahofmann

Actually it *IS* possible. In order to change volume using the touch interface on the iPad, the user has to tap the tiny button at he bottom of the "Now playing" screen marked "Devices Available". This brings up a popup, where it is possible to alter the volume even with no other devices connected via Connect.

It is a cludge but it does work.

My bigger issue is that I am unable to use my iPhone to alter the Spotify volume when the iPad is playing. This is stupid! I have the iPad plugged into an external HiFi, but cannot then use the iPhone as a remote for volume! All the other funcitons work on the iPhone, but not VOLUME!

This is enough to make me want to replace Spotify with Apple Music.

Suggested posts