Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Error occurred when directing from instagram story

Plan - PremiumCountry - USADevice - iPhone 13 ProOperating System - iOS 15My Question or IssueShared a link from Spotify to Instagram story but some of my friends (including myself) ran into error message when clicking “Playing on Spotify” from the s...

• Plan - Premium Country - USA Device - iPhone 13 Pro Operating System - iOS 15 My Question or Issue Shared a link from Spotify to Instagram story but some of my friends (including myself) ran i...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not connecting over cellular

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8 plusOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue For about a week now my Spotify shows "Connecting..." At the bottom of the app whenever I am not connected to a wifi network. I have restarted my phone, deleted th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 plus Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  For about a week now my Spotify shows "Connecting..." At the bottom of the app whe...
  • Saki咲
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Log in problem

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10.) My Question or IssueI able to log in via my computer but the app on my iPhone is not allowing me to log in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, etc but it is st...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10.)   My Question or Issue I  able to log in via my computer but the app on my iPhone is not allowing me to log in...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t log in iPhone 13 pro

 PlanPremiumCountryUkDevice(iPhone 13 pro Operating System(iOS 11) My Question or IssueI am trying to set up Spotify on my new iPhone however the app won’t log in via any of the available methods. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried the clea...

05D0B199-4753-42F7-8454-F101512FB6FA.png
  •   Plan Premium Country Uk Device (iPhone 13 pro  Operating System (iOS 11)   My Question or Issue I am trying to set up Spotify on my new iPhone however the app won’t log in via ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Make the queue function work properly and consistently

Queue option is something i use daily. it is so frustrating when i start a queue and it doesn’t keep the songs in order when i choose them or they don’t add to the queue at all. please fix this issue.

• Visitor
  • Queue option is something i use daily. it is so frustrating when i start a queue and it doesn’t keep the songs in order when i choose them or they don’t add to the queue at all. please fix this issue.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution New challenges adding a song to a playlist (iOS)

In the latest updates it has become harder and harder to add a song to a playlist. I have more then 250 playslist. I ordered them alphabetically.- in the normal list my playslist are ordered alphabetically (by hand = custom order) but when I want to ...

• Regular
  • In the latest updates it has become harder and harder to add a song to a playlist. I have more then 250 playslist. I ordered them alphabetically. - in the normal list my playslist are ordered alphab...
  • Chrizzzly
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Enhance Feature

Plan: Premium DUOCountry: US Device: iPhone 12Operating System: latest iOS My partner and I are under the same plan. He has the enhance feature- I do not. I can't figure out who to talk to get an answer or get this resolved. How do I get the enhance ...

•   Plan: Premium DUO Country: US   Device: iPhone 12 Operating System: latest iOS   My partner and I are under the same plan. He has the enhance feature- I do not. I can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • enhance
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution local files don’t show up on my iphone

hello, i’ve tried everything and i can’t get my local files to show up on my iphone. i’ve restarted my computer & my phone, i’ve cleared my spotify cache, made sure both devices are up to date and running on the latest version of spotify! i’ve turned...

• Casual Listener
  • hello, i’ve tried everything and i can’t get my local files to show up on my iphone. i’ve restarted my computer & my phone, i’ve cleared my spotify cache, made sure both devices are up to date an...
  • luyerka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Listening History does NOT show individual tracks, how to fix?

Premium account, USA. iPhone 11, latest iOS 15. When I go to the Listening History, it shows links to random playlists and a few songs but this does not reflect all of the songs that I listened to yesterday. More than 95% is missing — it shows 7 song...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium account, USA. iPhone 11, latest iOS 15.   When I go to the Listening History, it shows links to random playlists and a few songs but this does not reflect all of the songs that I liste...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files won't play on iPhone app.

Just got a new iPhone 12 (had an iPhone 8+ before). For some reason, any tracks in my local files will NOT play on the Spotify app. They synced & played just fine on my iPhone 8+. All tracks play just fine on my PC. On the iPhone app, It looks like t...

• Casual Listener
  • Just got a new iPhone 12 (had an iPhone 8+ before). For some reason, any tracks in my local files will NOT play on the Spotify app. They synced & played just fine on my iPhone 8+. All tracks...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Try to play on iPad a playlist created on PC

I imported a few CDs in Spotify (Premium plan in Canada) on my Windows PC. I successfully created a playlist with songs from these CDs. I then opened Spotify on my iPad (latest IOS) that is on the same WiFi; I did the same with my iPhone. I cannot se...

• Casual Listener
  • I imported a few CDs in Spotify (Premium plan in Canada) on my Windows PC. I successfully created a playlist with songs from these CDs. I then opened Spotify on my iPad (latest IOS) that is on the sa...
  • rbasque
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Share playlist windows IOS
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop Spotify from changing iPhone system volume

Spotify on desktop is taking control of iPhone system volume. There is no way to completely disconnect this without it reconnecting itself almost immedietly. I have background app refresh turned off on my iPhone. The iPhone app is COMPLETELY closed (...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify on desktop is taking control of iPhone system volume. There is no way to completely disconnect this without it reconnecting itself almost immedietly.   I have background app refresh tu...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song greyed out only on phone

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 15My Question or IssueHi, This night a new song was released. If I try to play it on my phone it says song unavailable and in my playlist it’s greyed out. On my PC or in the web version ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15 My Question or Issue Hi,   This night a new song was released. If I try to play it on my phone it say...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS App can't change volume on Amazon FireCube

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15My Question or IssueJust added an Amazon Fire Cube TV G2 to my system. When controlling play from the iPhone, I cannot control volume on the Fire Cube. If I switch to one of my t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15 My Question or Issue Just added an Amazon Fire Cube TV G2 to my system. When controlling play from the iPh...
  • Kiril
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Remove songs from artist's "Liked songs"

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueHi there, I'd like to report a bug I can't manage to get rid of. This issue is affecting the "auto-generated playlist" that appears on an artist page when you like on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Hi there, I'd like to report a bug I can't manage to get rid of. This issue is affect...
  • 20sceal
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay will not turn off when connected to speaker

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueAutoplay is turned off on every device I use, both mobile and desktop. But when I connect to a speaker with wifi, Spotify completely ignores this setting, switches t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Autoplay is turned off on every device I use, both mobile and desktop. But when I...
  • Touretti
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting podcast audio doesn't respect audio speed setting

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 13 Pro/Google Home MiniOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen I cast podcast audio to my Google Home Mini, it only plays at 1x. Even when switching to 3x on the app, no difference. It's very frustrating to l...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 13 Pro/Google Home Mini Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue When I cast podcast audio to my Google Home Mini, it only plays at ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs I listen to on phone not showing in history

I have recently had this issue where songs I listen to on my iPhone don’t show up in my listening history, meanwhile songs I’m listening to on my MacBook do. The history I’m talking about isn’t the “recently played” section, but is the history that s...

• Regular
  • I have recently had this issue where songs I listen to on my iPhone don’t show up in my listening history, meanwhile songs I’m listening to on my MacBook do. The history I’m talking about isn’t the “...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play music on Apple Watch or download

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone X (2018), Apple Watch (2019)Operating SystemiOS14, WatchOS 7 My Question or Issue hi. I now see the icon in the bottom right corner of the Spotify watch app to switch between phone and watch but when I select the watch icon i...

•   Plan Premium   Device iPhone X (2018), Apple Watch (2019) Operating System iOS14, WatchOS 7   My Question or Issue   hi. I now see the icon in the bottom right corner...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How to Remove recently played Podcast in Iphone

most of us may have tapped on a podcast and it may have started playing on its own. i recently found out how you can get rid of it from your continue listening tab. open the podcast you want to remove. tap on the gear/settings icon. then, tap on mark...

• most of us may have tapped on a podcast and it may have started playing on its own. i recently found out how you can get rid of it from your continue listening tab. open the podcast you want to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes