NEXT STEP

iPad 2 - Unable to select music over WiFi

iPad 2 - Unable to select music over WiFi

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad 5, Macbook Pro late 2011, WinPC)

Operating System

(iPhone 7/iPad 5 iOS 13, iPad 2 iOS 9, Macbook OSX 10.13.6, PC Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi Team, I think this is a bug.

Appears that I cannot select tracks from my playlists to play across Wifi to my iPad 2, which is hooked up to my Hifi system.

I am using your in-app system to achieve the connection, and everything works correctly up until I switch to the iPad 2. It will play the music that I have already playing before I switch devices, but it will not let me choose music straight from my playlists once I am playing from the iPad 2.

However, I am able to select tracks to play on the iPad 2 from the Queue menu's on my iPhone, iPad 5 and Macbook Pro.

From this I have ascertained that this is some form of bug, and a rare one at that. Can't seem to find any info on this issue online.

Could you guys please look into this and perhaps push a hotfix? I have FINALLY got my setup together after much deliberation and this really hit me right in the soul 😞  Such a simple yet unchangeable issue from my end, and I just found a use for my old iPad 2! 🙂

2 Replies

Have you tried restarting your iPad?

Hey there @Tubs,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Based on the details you provided in your original reply, it looks like your iPad 2 doesn't meet our minimum system requirements.

In that case, we can't guarantee that the app will be working properly - there's more info about that in this Spotify Answer. This would explain why you're having troubles using Spotify Connect or the app in general.  

You can still try some troubleshooting steps though like @MichaelJerzak suggested above in case it does the trick. There's also a relevant support site article as well.

Hopefully that info sheds a bit more light into what's happening! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts