Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad is unavailable for listening on remotely after pausing from Mac when iPad is in locked screen

iPad is unavailable for listening on remotely after pausing from Mac when iPad is in locked screen

Hi,

I have a problem:

- I setup remote connection so I can control playback remotely from my Mac and use iPad as receiver.

- everything is fully operational unless I pause playback remotely from Mac after iPad gets to lock screen
- iPad goes into status "Unavailable for listening on"

- after this I cannot remotely control iPad unless I unlock it manually again

Is there any solution to be able to remotely pause the playback and then unpause/start it again without the need to go physically to this iPad to unlock the screen?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 11.51.43 1.png
11 Replies

Any solution?!

So far nothing..

you gotta love how useless spotify support is

I believe it may be an iOS limitation where once paused, other devices lose the connection to control the app remotely, as the app is then fully "backgrounded". The best workaround would be to leave the device unlocked, however understandable if you're worried about the battery draining.

Has this ever worked before for any of you?

No iOS limitation, maybe poor implementation on Spotify part.

Rdio always worked perfectly when it still existed, but it was doing it over the internet, I could literally remote control my desktop from anywhere in the world. I sometimes started music at work from home by mistake.

Hey @luca_masud, I was saying that the iOS limitation could be with not being able to start controlling the iOS device while it is locked with Spotify in the background.

There are no iOS limitations on the iOS app being able to control desktop devices.

Sorry I meant it's Spotify's implementation, not an iOS limitation (I thought you meant an Apple limitation, as opposed to Spotify limitation on iOS).

But anyway, I have the same problem. And it's annoying.

I have the same problem on my ipad 2. Any solution?

Hey,

May i ask if and how You resolved the issue?

I'm experiencing same problem with my android phone controlled by Spotify from PC.

I haven't solved it so far and it looks like there is no solution on the horizon..

Same here - this is making it absolutely useless for me as I am using my ipad a the music hub....
Can we not somehow escalate this issue within Spotify?
Thanks,
B

Suggested posts