Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad unable to sync for offline music use

iPad unable to sync for offline music use

Hello.

So I have been unable to hear any songs on my playlist offline. I have tried reinstalling the program. I have switched offline mode on and off. Yet nothing. I don't have a main computer either, just the iPad. Am I screwed without a main computer?
23 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When you say can't sync, what actually happens when you select a playlist to be available offline and leave it for a while? Also, the tracks in those playlists, are they local files stored on your computer or are they songs in the Spotify catalogue? 

Its also worth checking you have at least 500MB of available storage space on your iPad, if not that will be the reason why since iOS insists on trying to keep some space free at all times it appears. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When I check my playlist offline. It says that the files are not synched or available offline. I have 10GB of available space.

I don't currently have a computer other than my iPad, but I think the files are saved on the spotify app only. I don't see them in my music playlist.

Any ideas?

Hi. Just wanted to check - so you have a premium subscription and are downloading spotify content to your ipad following these steps? What shows on the screen when you set a playlist to download?

When you're syncing, are you clicking 'available offline/download/the download arrow' on your playlists? If so, you should see a message at the top that says 'syncing 0 out of 100' or similar. The tracks should then sync and have a green arrow to show that they've been synced. Are you seeing those green arrows?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I'm having this issue. There isn't any button available to download offline.

@Scottmedsker - Are you still having issues?

Peter

Same here, no button that enables downloading playlist. Also, can you save single songs? If so, how?

@Sandey - Do you have Spotify Premium? It's also not possible to save single songs I'm afraid.

Peter

I have download the same music content to an iPad air, iPad mini and twi iPhones. I cannot get the iPads to play in offline mode but both iphone do what the should do. The green arrows shows tracks downloading and the music is available offline. No such luck with the iPads though. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Como faço o download do spotify offilyne ?

I can't find the button/switch to download a playlist offline on the iPad either. It's easy to find on the iPhone as soon as you select a playlist, but doesn't seem to be there on my iPad app unless I'm blind.

It is hidden, at the top of the playlist it is the second icon from the right below the cover art.

Peter

Ok....I can't sync my playlists to offline mode on my iPad. I have premium. And I followed your steps, but at the top of my playlist, there s no button to have them synced. Can anyone help?

I'm having this problem how can I fix it?

I don't have that button- help?
image.jpg

You need to delete the spotify App and then re-install it again from the app store.

As stated in this thread also

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/App-won-t-sync/m-p/399336#M16430

🙂

For people who are having problems with syncing, pls follow this solution:

1) Make sure your account is Premium
Login to your Account Overview to check: http://www.spotify.com/account

2) Make sure your iPad is logged in to the same Premium Account:
(Try Logging Out: Spotify Settings > Logout) and login again with the same Username as your Account Overview

3) If it still doesn't work, follow my 100% clean reinstallation method that will fully flush everything off the iPad:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

If you've any other problems, I would advice you to contact a Spotify Advisor through the link below, and if you receive an automated reply, just reply back to that email (its for spam prevention purposes) and you should get a reply within max 1 to 2 business days.
https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I'm having the same issue.  The playlists don't say available offsite anywhere.

Finally figured it out how to move Spotify playlists to my iPad from my PC!!.   I followed these steps:

1.  Uninstalled Spotify from my PC & reinstalled with a fresh download from Spotify site.!

2.  On PC, opened Spotify and selected Devices from list on left, which initially showed onny 2 choices: ipod or i phone.  Since ipad and iphone use same operating system, I chose iphone.

3.  When I selected iphone, a screen asked me to choose between syncing all songs or just those I select.  I choose those I selected.

4.  I then connected my iPad to my PC and opened the Spotify app on my iPad.  (On PC went back to "Devices" and it now had replaced iPhone with Ron's iPad.

5.  Still on my PC, I next went to Browse and selected a playlist  (Late Nite Jazz) and hit the button at top that said "Follow" ...When I did that, a new toggle switch popped up below the word "Followers" on the right that says "Available Offline" .Remember that this happens on the PC and not the Spotify app on my iPad.  (Further note:  Some playlists don't allow offline play, but most do.  Try my selection to see if it works as described for you.)

6.  I moved the toggle to the right until it turned green. The name of the playlist then showed up next to a mustic symbol on the left and the rotating symbol next to it meant it was syncing with my iPad.  When finished syncing, a green downarrow within a circle replaces the rotating symbol & the playlist appeared on my iPad.

Hope this helps...I was extremely confused before this.

Ron13

Suggested posts