Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad unable to sync for offline music use

iPad unable to sync for offline music use

Hello.

So I have been unable to hear any songs on my playlist offline. I have tried reinstalling the program. I have switched offline mode on and off. Yet nothing. I don't have a main computer either, just the iPad. Am I screwed without a main computer?
23 Replies

Part 3.  Well, there's still more needed.  After taking the 6 steps described in my last recent post I assumed I could now listen offline because my "synced" playlists were now listed on my iPad.  Wrong!.  When I tried to start playing the list, a popup message said I still had to listen online because the songs were not synced, despite the earlier sync process.

There was a saving grace, however.  A button appeared on the iPad playlist above and to the right of where the list of songs starts.  It showed a downward arrow within a circle.  When that button is presses a toggle switch appears to "Download Playlist".  Selecting the "green" option while still online with Spotify on my PC starts the file downloading.  If not still on line, the songs don't download. When complete and I turned off my Wi-Fi connection, the playlist did, in fact, play nicely offline.  I continued in this manner with about 6 playlists that I thought I had synced earlier and they all worked.  I haven't figured out if there,s a shorter way to get to this point, but the outline approach has now been tested and it does work...finally..

Part 4.   Now I REALLY feel stupid!  It occurred to me that since the word "Follow" led me through the first process, I'd look again at the Spotify app while online via WiFi.  Sure enough, above the list of songs for a selected playlist, "Follow" was one of the choices and making that selection the "Download" toggle appeared.  This is the shorter way.  And I'll probably never "show" my face on this board again.

Ron13

p.s.  Does Spotify ever say anywhere that "Follow" leads you to downloading for offline listening?

This worked perfectly for me! Had a big playlist synced for a long time across multiple devices, but my iPad stopping updating when connected to wifi & with the app open as it had done previously. Followed these steps, deleted, then re-installed from the app store, and auto syncing is back. Thanks!

Logged in logged out works perfectly THANK YOU

Suggested posts