iPhone 4s - Synced Local Files will NOT play in Offline Mode

Reply

iPhone 4s - Synced Local Files will NOT play in Offline Mode

ckrjb
Casual Listener

iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1

Spotify Premium version 0.5.9.10

Mix of both spotify files & local files within my playlists

Playlists are set on the iPhone as "Available Offline" - YES

All tracks with the playlist have the little green arrow showing it has been synced

I then put my phone in airplane mode to teach a yoga class (thus the reason for paying for premium)

Spotify Tracks play fine

Local tracks will NOT play - there is no ball showing progress on the timeline - the pause button is there but no music - press play/press pause - nothing...

It happens in multiple playlists - tried uninstalling, reinstalling, tried unsyncing, resyncing, tried recreating playlist. Nothing works.

As soon as I turn off airplane mode - the local track that appears to be "waiting" will immediately start to play

The Local Tracks folder is set to NO for available offline (even though all 12 tracks within it have the little green arrow next to them). I suspected that might be the problem except if I turn it to YES, it tries to sync my entire iTunes library - 3500 songs will NOT fit on my iPhone (nor do I want them to).

 

It seems this is a new problem as I've been playing these same playlists for months in airplane mode with no issues. Maybe since iOS 6.1 came out or a recent spotify upgrade????? Not sure as I didn't anticipate such a weird problem. It's only been happening since about January 25 or so.

 

Please help and Thank you!

3 Replies

Re: iPhone 4s - Synced Local Files will NOT play in Offline Mode

ckrjb
Casual Listener

Bump. Please help - I'm about to cancel my subscription as this is a big problem.

Re: iPhone 4s - Synced Local Files will NOT play in Offline Mode

Harker207
Casual Listener

I'd like to bump this too.  I have the exact same problem with local files in an offlined synced playlist on an iPhone 5S with ample memory available.   They appear to be there, have the little green arrow indicating that they've synced, but when I press play, nothing happens.  What's strangest is that about 10% of them play fine, but the other 90% do not.  Thoughts?

Re: iPhone 4s - Synced Local Files will NOT play in Offline Mode

Peter__
Community Legend

I know its a real pain but on my 4S not playing local files was solved by a clean reinstallation and then resynching them again. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS