Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5, search results disappear

Solved!

iPhone 5, search results disappear

iPhone 5, search tab,  when searching if I scroll down to fast on results, all shown results disappear !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Blah blah blah. I wonder if Spotify will even notice this bald and blatant attempt to bump all posts related to this bug.

Mr/Ms Spotify User Support person. Please kindly go kick a little ass on our behalf. Chat with a dev over the lunch break (we're not that scary! Honest!). Bet a bottom pound that they could fix this bug in no time. Then go pee on the CTO's desk for me so he gets all pissed off and irate. Blame me, and explain please why I might consider such unacceptable behaviour acceptable.

Oh pretty please Spotify Forum Moderator... make your day unusual for me!

😄

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Is anyone paying attention here??

Same problem, iPhone 4, iOS 5.

Help please, the app for iphone is really disappointing currently. For the past couple of weeks to a month when I search under albums or artists, the search results vanish after you scroll down past the initial results, and then search becomes completely inactive for the "albums" and "artists" tabs. I search primarily this way, and imagine others do to. Very annoying that this has been going on for so long without a fix on an app that I pay $10 a month for.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app without success.

To Reproduce:

1. Perform a search which returns many results ie. "Christmas"

2. Scroll to the bottom of the list, where it automatically loads more results.

Bug: List blanks out.

Happens both on iPhone 3GS running iOS 5 and iPhone 5 running iOS 6

I'm seeing kind of the same thing. In my case though, and I suspect you might be looking at the same thing.

It's not speed related, but rather that if you scroll down to the bottom of the search results, there is what appears to be a blank entry. If you scroll fully onto this blank field, all results above it are wiped. Switching between track/album/artist doesn't refresh the list. Searching for another term then re-running the previous search term usually refreshes the list, but not always in my experience.

I use iPhone 4 and this definitely happens to me every time. I'm a premium user and this demands your attention

Same here, iPhone 4S & iOS 6.
Scrolling to end of list results in an empty list and only searching for something else and then re-searching for the original term will populate the list again.

Seems like track search is not affected by this bug, only artist/album. Anyone else experience this?

when i search music on my iphone, the search results disappear after about thirty seconds.

I am experiencing this too, with the iPhone 5. Search for more album results, blank, and even when you try to search again, you can't get the results until you search for something else first. Not good Spotify!

I am running iOS 5.1.1 and am having the same problem. Please give this some attention, it breaks very basic functionality.

Same thing happens to me on iphone 4s.  The screen goes blank and there is no way to get to the bottom of the list.

Same. iPhone 5. Can't possibly download certain albums unless I already know the name of the album.

Same thing. All search results disappear if you try to load more result.

I cannot even remember how long this has been a problem for me on iOS. I think it goes further back than November, though.

Even after deleting YouTube and clearning the cache of my iPhone, the problem persists.

If you have a lot of synced tracks, do NOT try to delete the Spotify app. It does nothing as far as this problem is concerned.

Even on the App Store is the app's reviews littered with complaints concerning this problem.

It's an outrage no one seems to adress this.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

I have iPhone5 and iPad4 and after reinstalling it worked. I still have a few issues as I learn how to use everything but that is always a simple go-to for apps. Not like having to reinstall tons of software anymore! Yea.

Let us all know if it works.

Happy listening.

Spotify Premium account, using iPhone5, iPad4, and Laptop PC Windows 7, Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth portable speaker.

Yes, I have installed and reinstalled the app a number of times.  I own an iPhone 4S.  In fact I have had three iPhone 4S's, by swapping out with AppleCare, and this bug always exists with the Spotify app.  I have also tried using the out of date "Spotify for iOS 4" app to see if the bug existed there, and it does.

The only way it'll get fixed is if they feel threatened enough. Need to get more pissed off customers to complain and threaten to cancel service.

I get this too on iPhone 5. Just reinstalled and still had the bug.

Is there an official bug tracker somewhere or do we just have to sit here twiddling our thumbs til one of the spotify peeps notices this post?

Suggested posts