Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Canceling as well...

There's no excuse why memory shouldn't free up when disabling offline availability...Goodbye spotify....hello 9GB of iphone memory.

• There's no excuse why memory shouldn't free up when disabling offline availability...Goodbye spotify....hello 9GB of iphone memory.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPhone notify's me whenever a track is added to a playlist I do not subscribe to...

My iPhone notify's me whenever "Steve Schmidt" adds a track to the playlist "Maximal House Music". But I do not subscribe to that playlist, or ever heard about it before. Is there any way I can stop this notification-madness? The real problem is that...

• My iPhone notify's me whenever "Steve Schmidt" adds a track to the playlist "Maximal House Music". But I do not subscribe to that playlist, or ever heard about it before. Is there any way I can stop ...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot transfer songs to iPhone3 - no wifi

Can anybody help me...I have an iPhone3 which I mainly use as an iPod as I do not have cell coverage at home and my internet is not wifi; my laptop is plugged into the outlet in the wall, old school I know! I want to transfer songs from Spotify to my...

• Can anybody help me...I have an iPhone3 which I mainly use as an iPod as I do not have cell coverage at home and my internet is not wifi; my laptop is plugged into the outlet in the wall, old school ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify usability issues

Hi there, I'm using Spotify for a while now with the Mac and several iOS devices. Generally it would be great to have some sort of folder structure for the various playlists. I'm loosing track of my playlists more and more. Secondly an easy accessibl...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I'm using Spotify for a while now with the Mac and several iOS devices.   Generally it would be great to have some sort of folder structure for the various playlists. I'...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaborative playlist: Incorrect user in "Added by" field

Me and a friend are having a collaborative playlist together, and about 8 days ago all songs added to this list are being showed as added by me, even though they were added by my friend. Did a test yesterday, I added a song, that appeared as correct,...

• Regular
  • Me and a friend are having a collaborative playlist together, and about 8 days ago all songs added to this list are being showed as added by me, even though they were added by my friend.  &nbs...
  • ChiToATX
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Update for iPhone 5?

Being as the iPhone 5 is running a much taller screen, what kind of timezone are we looking at for a Spotify update that will enable us to utilise that extra space? Currently I still feel like I'm using my 4s Scott

• Casual Listener
  • Being as the iPhone 5 is running a much taller screen, what kind of timezone are we looking at for a Spotify update that will enable us to utilise that extra space?   Currently I still feel ...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 77 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 6 likes

tracks on iPhone cut all the time

I'm experiencing issues with Spotify on iPhone today: songs are constently stopping and starting again after about 10 seconds pause. That's very annoying! I never experienced such issues so far. iOS version: iOS 6.01 (latest stable) Spotify: up to da...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm experiencing issues with Spotify on iPhone today: songs are constently stopping and starting again after about 10 seconds pause. That's very annoying! I never experienced such issues so far. ...
  • Gael
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug? Maybe?

Seems everytime I create a new playlist or playlist folder, my Spotify mobile app on my iPhone crashes. It's almost like clockwork. I will re-download the app from the app store. I will sign in and it'll work. as soon as I make a new playlist and try...

• Seems everytime I create a new playlist or playlist folder, my Spotify mobile app on my iPhone crashes. It's almost like clockwork.   I will re-download the app from the app store. I will si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync on Iphone 5

Premium seems to be working on my Iphone 5 but I can't get any of my local files to sync. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and my brand new Mac. Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • Premium seems to be working on my Iphone 5 but I can't get any of my local files to sync. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and my brand new Mac. Anyone else having this issue? An...
  • ssalichristina
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

OFFLINE PLAYLIST IS NOT DOWNLOADING - TRIED EVERYTHING!!

I've been using Spotify for quite some time now, and I love it (most of the time) but recently when I mark my playlists for "Available Offline" some or one song(s) gets downloaded. My iPhone and Mac are one the same Wifi network and the Spotify app i...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify for quite some time now, and I love it (most of the time) but recently when I mark my playlists for "Available Offline" some or one song(s) gets downloaded.   My iPho...
  • ssalichristina
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on iPhone keeps playing even though I paused it!

I've noticed that I'll be listening to Spotify on my iPhone, and then go to pause it, and somehow later it starts up again and plays. Even though I can't actually hear music playing, the play button icon in the corner is there and it manages to drain...

• I've noticed that I'll be listening to Spotify on my iPhone, and then go to pause it, and somehow later it starts up again and plays. Even though I can't actually hear music playing, the play button ...
  • Lascurettes
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock Radio Station hangs

Hey Spotify! I haven't been able to listen to Spotify Rock Radio in 3 days. Once it is chosen it just clocks. I finally give up and listen to another station. Am I really that complicated to figure out? (ha ha) ...But, really, not funny. DaveK

• Casual Listener
  •     Hey Spotify!   I haven't been able to listen to Spotify Rock Radio in 3 days. Once it is chosen it just clocks. I finally give up and listen to another station. Am I really...
  • EastCoastOps
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need Help- Error 412 after re-installing

Hi- I recently decided to deactivate my facebook account temporarily. Since then I have had no luck logging on to spotify. I am a premium user, and love spotify, and use it all the time. I tried re-activating my facebook account, but still have had n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- I recently decided to deactivate my facebook account temporarily.  Since then I have had no luck logging on to spotify.  I am a premium user, and love spotify, and use it all the time. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone - Skip Track with Volume Buttons - any Chance to get this working?

Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??

• Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??
  • tomjol
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

play queue

Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device to another and want to continue our listening experi...

• Music Fan
  • Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotifyin landscape mode!

Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  

•   Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

iPad 2 crash upon opening (running iOS 6.0.1)

When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes. Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening. Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.

• When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes.  Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening.  Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium member but not able to search music on iphone

I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....

• I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium service

I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?

• I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes