Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone App - not shuffling songs

iPhone App - not shuffling songs

I have spotify premium and I search the artist i want, go to tracks, select "see all tracks" and click on a song to play then I click the information tab and shuffle is highlighted, but the songs are just playing down the list in order. I tried reinstalling the app and it's still not working. 

I also tried shuffling under the artist, but it's just playing in order. please help! 

I also saw a thread regarding the artist shuffle which I have noticed as well - the shuffle isn't really shuffle, which is why i prefer the track list shuffle. It goes for the newer material from an artist first and then occasionally throws in one or two songs from older albums which is quite frustrating. I would appreciate random shuffle. It will actually replay songs (even though repeat is off) before going to older material. I wouldn't mind this if i didn't pay $10 a month for this app....but i do. Rant done.

5 Replies

Is this on iPhone or iPad? I don't appear to have a "see all tracks" button on iPhone at least. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have an iPhone 4s. On the app I search the artist, it shows results for artists, tracks, playlists, and albums. There is a button under the 5 tracks it shows, it says "show all tracks" which goes to a list of tracks related to the search term. usually I just click the song i'm in the mood for and let it shuffle through the list from there, but a few days ago the shuffle stopped working now it just goes down the list. 

Ah I think I have the new search function (which is currently rolling out to users) which is why its different! Annoyingly on iOS we can't view the play queue to see what is queued!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

it was working before. also, I noticed the "show all tracks" button isn't available for all searches. I was searching "ben folds" and usually i use this so that i get a mix of Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five. before it would jump around the list, now it just plays in order. 

I found it weird when i click the information button and click shuffle the shuffle and repeat buttons disappear.

also, shuffle works when i'm in a particular album. i think this might just be spotify has built in to the app i'm not sure there's an actual solution, it's pretty frustrating.

Suggested posts