Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Non Facebook friends not showing up in friend list

BUG: Non Facebook friends are not showing up in the friends list in the iOS app. Has been a bug since at least 7.4. Is not fixed with 7.6. Non Facebook friends do show up in the iOS 4 app, so it's not a server issue?The bug exists in ios 6 and iOS 7....

• Music Fan
  • BUG: Non Facebook friends are not showing up in the friends list in the iOS app. Has been a bug since at least 7.4. Is not fixed with 7.6. Non Facebook friends do show up in the iOS 4 app, so it's...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems iPhone 4s with iOS 7 no sound with dock

i have a big problem with spotify app with Iphone 4s and IOS 7. the app works correctly, but when I connect the speaker dock runs out of volume and song continues... someone has encountered the same problem ??

• Casual Listener
  • i have a big problem with spotify app with Iphone 4s and IOS 7.  the app works correctly, but when I connect the speaker dock runs out of volume and song continues... someone has encountered...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Some songs in a playlist are greyed out and unplayable

Good morning, I have Spotify premium and a big playlist (about 500 songs) - now, I can play all songs on Spotify Desktop (i tried on my main pc with local files but also another pc without the local files and all was fine) - the main problem is with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning, I have Spotify premium and a big playlist (about 500 songs) - now, I can play all songs on Spotify Desktop (i tried on my main pc with local files but also another pc without the local ...
  • schrimp82
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do i get a spotify user to appear on my frend list?

How do I get a spotify user who is not a facebook user, to appear on my friend list on Iphone?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I get a spotify user who is not a facebook user, to appear on my friend list on Iphone?
  • chrislemasters
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Change in volume crash

When I change the volume either up or down spotify crashes... Even when a song is not playing. Very strange bug... Hope it gets fixed soon!

• When I change the volume either up or down spotify crashes... Even when a song is not playing. Very strange bug... Hope it gets fixed soon!
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How smart is Playlist Radio?

Got a few questions on Playlist Radio: 1.) When playing Playlist Radio on the mobile app, when it plays a song that I have saved offline, is it smart enough to play that offline file rather than wasting my data? If not, it should be. 2.) When playing...

• Gig Goer
  • Got a few questions on Playlist Radio:   1.) When playing Playlist Radio on the mobile app, when it plays a song that I have saved offline, is it smart enough to play that offline file rathe...
  • Skepilot
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files

Hi there, This has been an issue since an upgrade to a newer version of spotify was released. My Iphone is noticed and is displayed within the application on my PC, but the transfer of the files is always pending..... My other playlists are fine, ive...

• Hi there,   This has been an issue since an upgrade to a newer version of spotify was released.   My Iphone is noticed and is displayed within the application on my PC, but the transfer...
  • mik35s
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium profile

I cannot access my premium account neither on IOS nor on pc, please help since I have paid already.

• I cannot access my premium account neither on IOS nor on pc, please help since I have paid already.
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 4S with JVC KW-R500, multiple issues

Going to preface this by saying I don't know if this is a Spotify issue, an Apple issue, or a JVC issue, but I'm starting here. I have a JVC KW-R500 deck with direct USB connectivity for my iPhone 4S. The deck supports streaming from devices. Symptom...

• Regular
  • Going to preface this by saying I don't know if this is a Spotify issue, an Apple issue, or a JVC issue, but I'm starting here.   I have a JVC KW-R500 deck with direct USB connectivity for m...
  • tdnewton
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 30 day free trial

I got the 30 day free trial for my account but it does not want to register on my iPad it's says premium needed but I just got it?

• Visitor
  • I got the 30 day free trial for my account but it does not want to register on my iPad it's says premium needed but I just got it?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS app sucks

Considering that spotify is a paid service, why is the iOS app such a poor development effort? The app still hasn't been updated for iOS 7, why? The shuffle algorithm 'shuffles' the songs in the exact same order everytime, why? (Also - this is not ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Considering that spotify is a paid service, why is the iOS app such a poor development effort? The app still hasn't been updated for iOS 7, why? The shuffle algorithm 'shuffles' the songs in the ex...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App for Nokia Lumia 800 with Galaxy tab?

Is there a way or app to control Spotify that is setup with speakers on my Galaxy tab with my Nokia Lumia 800? I dont mind paying for an app if it works. I want to be able to control spotify on my Nokia phone to control Spotify on my Galaxy tab. I ho...

• Is there a way or app to control Spotify that is setup with speakers on my Galaxy tab with my Nokia Lumia 800? I dont mind paying for an app if it works. I want to be able to control spotify on my No...
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 7 an in-car controls

So with iOS 7 I can use in car controls to control spotify. Kind of...Every time i press next on my car controls spotify will start skipping 5-6 songs, then play one at random.It's a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. Anybody else have that problem?Cheers

• So with iOS 7 I can use in car controls to control spotify. Kind of... Every time i press next on my car controls spotify will start skipping 5-6 songs, then play one at random. It's a 2012 Hyu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disorganized Playlist??

Why won't my iphone keep my tracks in my playlist organized in the same order that they are organized in on my computer? I want to have some of my playlists, such as the "Starred' or "Local files", to be in order based on Artist. I set the playlists ...

• Why won't my iphone keep my tracks in my playlist organized in the same order that they are organized in on my computer? I want to have some of my playlists, such as the "Starred' or "Local files", t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with syncing Iphone 4s

Hi, Basically I recently upgraded to spotify Premium with the intention of syncing with my Iphone 4s for offline mode usage. I successfully managed to sync two playlists that I had wanted to my Iphone (roughly 1200 songs) and was able to listen to th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Basically I recently upgraded to spotify Premium with the intention of syncing with my Iphone 4s for offline mode usage. I successfully managed to sync two playlists that I had wanted&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app will not load.....shows a white screen

Description The iPhone app will not load. It only shows a blank screen A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. restarted the device 2. uninstalled the app the reinstalled 3. The application on my Macbook Pro seems to work fine. What I ex...

• Description The iPhone app will not load. It only shows a blank screen   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. restarted the device 2. uninstalled the app the reinst...
  • raewhit
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

My playlists is empty on my phone but not on my mac

Hi! I have a problem with my iphone. I deleted the app but it still didnt work. I can see the playlists on my computer but on my iphone it says empty, like there is no song at all in some playlist, very strange! Please help me! Want to listen to my m...

• Hi! I have a problem with my iphone. I deleted the app but it still didnt work. I can see the playlists on my computer but on my iphone it says empty, like there is no song at all in some playlist,...
  • marbletea
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Device limit

Hi I've recently replaced my iPhone and so unable to use spotify as it says 3 device limit reached.It's including my old phone that is in a recycling heap somewhere. Poor service.Please help

• Hi I've recently replaced my iPhone and so unable to use spotify as it says 3 device limit reached. It's including my old phone that is in a recycling heap somewhere. Poor service. Please help
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recover local files from iPhone

Hi! I want to recover a couple of local files from my iPhone, because my MacBook crashed, where the source of the files were. How do I do this? Like this: iPhone > Windows > iPad Where the iPhone is the source of the local files. Thanks!

• Hi!   I want to recover a couple of local files from my iPhone, because my MacBook crashed, where the source of the files were. How do I do this?    Like this: iPhone > Wind...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes