Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Downloaded songs on playlists will not play

Ever since I updated my iPad, many of the downloaded songs in my playlist will not play. I am also having issues connecting to spotify as well. This is very frustrating because I pay for premium! It's irritating to pay for a product that doesn't work...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since I updated my iPad, many of the downloaded songs in my playlist will not play. I am also having issues connecting to spotify as well. This is very frustrating because I pay for premium! It'...
  • KSchmidty11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Play all playlists on mobile app

While it is possible to play all playlists within a playlist folder in the mobile (ios) app, it's impossible to play ALL playlists, including local files and starred songs synced to the ios device. please implement this.

• While it is possible to play all playlists within a playlist folder in the mobile (ios) app, it's impossible to play ALL playlists, including local files and starred songs synced to the ios device. p...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Won't Sync - Mobile

Looks like this has been a common issue for users.... My songs won't sync or have to be re-synced from my mobile. It's very frustrating. Is there a solution for this yet?

• Looks like this has been a common issue for users....   My songs won't sync or have to be re-synced from my mobile. It's very frustrating. Is there a solution for this yet?   
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing app

My details:IPHONE MODEL: 4GSIOS 6.1.3SPOTIFY VERSION: 0.5.2.374APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Upon launch of appJAILBROKEN: no

• Casual Listener
  • My details: IPHONE MODEL: 4GS IOS 6.1.3 SPOTIFY VERSION: 0.5.2.374 APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Upon launch of app JAILBROKEN: no
  • JayJayYeboah
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't the Ipad have the same songs as desktop version

Hello, First off, love the service, still new to it so learning the ropes. I was noticing something and just wanted to ask. I noticed some of the songs are missing from Ipad preinum version, but they are on the desktop version for windows. Why is the...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, First off, love the service, still new to it so learning the ropes. I was noticing something and just wanted to ask. I noticed some of the songs are missing from Ipad preinum version, but ...
  • ryanwheale
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync

Hi,Latest way sync works is really annoying , every time I go to my phone I see the message "sync has paused" why can spotify no longer sync when the app is in background or the phone goes dark ? I only ever notice it as I'm on my way out the door.Ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Latest way sync works is really annoying , every time I go to my phone I see the message "sync has paused" why can spotify no longer sync when the app is in background or the phone goes dark ?...
  • Flanderp
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod 6th Gen will NOT connect to Spotify.

I can't connect my ipod to Spotify, is there still no fix for this?

• I can't connect my ipod to Spotify, is there still no fix for this?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot share/send songs on iPhone

Hi! Got the new iPhone and downloaded the Spotify App. Tried to send a song to a friend via email. The page pops up for a second, where you would then write in a recipient's email address. But then the page pulls away. I tried sending a song via SMS ...

• Hi!  Got the new iPhone and downloaded the Spotify App.  Tried to send a song to a friend via email.  The page pops up for a second, where you would then write in a recipient's email a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Greyed out playlists?

If I go to a song and select 'add to playlist' some of my playlists are greyed out and it won't let me select them.What's going on?It does this on my iPhone.

• Casual Listener
  • If I go to a song and select 'add to playlist' some of my playlists are greyed out and it won't let me select them. What's going on? It does this on my iPhone.
  • Gjwireland1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists with Spotify Premium

I love listening to other people's playlists. Can I search and listen to user playlists on my iPhone if I get Spotify Premium? Thanks!

• I love listening to other people's playlists.   Can I search and listen to user playlists on my iPhone if I get Spotify Premium?   Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab disappeared

Today morning, Discover tab disappeared from iPhone app and was replaced with What's new. Until yesterday it was working as expected. Any one else experiencing this problem??

• Regular
  • Today morning, Discover tab disappeared from iPhone app and was replaced with What's new. Until yesterday it was working as expected.  Any one else experiencing this problem??
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not syncing

Hi, I've recently updated to Spotify Premium and for some reason my playlists won't sync for "available offline". I've tried logging out and back in, restarting my wifi router, restarting my iPhone, everything! It just won't download them! Any tips? ...

• Hi, I've recently updated to Spotify Premium and for some reason my playlists won't sync for "available offline". I've tried logging out and back in, restarting my wifi router, restarting my iPhone, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

One click and all offline songs are gone

Hi there I had one playlist with 1000+ songs that I made Available Offline. Unfortunately, I think I deselected the Available Offline button atop this playlist in my pocket. Now I need to completely redownload all 1000+ songs. Could I recommend perha...

• Hi there   I had one playlist with 1000+ songs that I made Available Offline. Unfortunately, I think I deselected the Available Offline button atop this playlist in my pocket. Now I need to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

iOS7 vs Spotify 8.0 bug fix - still not working

My new IPhone 5s updated the Spotify App I had loaded - it said to "fix some bugs that were irritating us" & "is now compatible with iOS7". Well, when i plug into car, still getting 'connection error' when i try to use Spotify.. Just FYI..

• My new IPhone 5s updated the Spotify App I had loaded - it said to "fix some bugs that were irritating us" & "is now compatible with iOS7". Well, when i plug into car, still getting 'connection e...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then?

When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then? Before you could choose Private Mode in the phone as well, but not anymore.

• Visitor
  • When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then?   Before you could choose Private Mode in the phone as well, but not anymore.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch v6.1 iOS - Spotify not working

Hi - I am a premium subscriber, however since 4/2/13 I have been intermittently suffering with problems on my iPod Touch, v6.1 iOS. Since 10/2/13 I have been completely unable to use Spotify on this device. (FYI - this is a wifi device.) After launch...

• Regular
  • Hi - I am a premium subscriber, however since 4/2/13 I have been intermittently suffering with problems on my iPod Touch, v6.1 iOS.  Since 10/2/13 I have been completely unable to use Spotify on...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

APP AND FILE SIZE

HiI need space on my device. So I want to delete some "without connection" playlist (1,7 Go). Once it is done (I've switch the button) it is like the file are still on my device as the size of the app does not decrease as it should be. Even after res...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I need space on my device. So I want to delete some "without connection" playlist (1,7 Go). Once it is done (I've switch the button) it is like the file are still on my device as the size of ...
  • nicoparis
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues using "Connect"

Hello chaps, trying to make this happen at home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHU67Nnmuo I'm using a Philips MC18080/12, it plays Spotify no problem at home as does my Iphone 4 with ios6. In the video above she looks as though she presses the speak...

• Regular
  • Hello chaps, trying to make this happen at home   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHU67Nnmuo   I'm using a Philips MC18080/12, it plays Spotify no problem at home as does my Iphone ...
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Better Organization

Is there a way to organize a playlist other than the time a track was added? On the computer, you can organize a playlist alphabetically by track or artist, date added, etc. Is "date added" the only option for Spotify for iOS?

• Is there a way to organize a playlist other than the time a track was added? On the computer, you can organize a playlist alphabetically by track or artist, date added, etc. Is "date added" the only ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes