Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone & iPad changes don‘t sync

iPhone & iPad changes don‘t sync

When I find a new artists and decide to follow him, add a song to my library, delete a song, add a song to a playlist or try to change anything in my library on my iPhone and then decide to listen to music on my iPad, the changes don’t occur until I quit the iPad app and relaunch it. Same when I make changes on the iPad app and then switch to the iPhone. I already reinstalled the apps on both devices. Is this expected behavior or something I could fix? This really stops me from using the Spotify app on multiple devices which is really unfortunate. I use an iPhone XS and iPad Air 2, both on iOS 12.3.1 and the latest Spotify update. Hope someone can help.
3 Replies

Hey @Lekgolo143, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page?

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi Loxer! Thank you for your help. I just tried that but unfortunately it didn’t quite work. The sync between devices is still pretty inconsistent. I tried following and unfollowing an artist and just playing music on one device but the changes still only occur very late, not at all or only when I restart the app on another device. Another question, I deleted all offline devices as you said. When will my phone show up in this list again? Thank you

Hey there @Lekgolo143,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are both devices connected to the same WiFi/3G/4G connection?

If so, we'd recommend giving it a try connecting to a different internet connection to see if the issue persists. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

If you're having troubles in a different connection, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on both your devices by following the steps in this Spotify Answer to shake things up.

As for your question, no worries! Your phone should show up again in the Offline devices list once you start downloading content for offline use in that device.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you'd like more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts