Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app crashes upon opening, 100% of the time

Solved!

iPhone app crashes upon opening, 100% of the time

I made ~20 playlist changes (moving/deleting/nesting/etc), added some local files (which I haven't yet set to sync on the iPhone app), and now every time I try to open the iPhone app, it locks after about 5 seconds and then crashes.  If I connect to wifi, it shows that it's trying to sync 41 tracks (updates to offline tracks maybe?) before it crashes.  Regardless of whether I'm on wifi or not, however, it crashes.  Every time.  I've tried killing the app manually, restarting the phone, etc.

I really, really would like to avoid having to reinstall and re-sync all of my stuff to my phone, because ain't nobody got time for that.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

iPhone 5

iOS 6.1.3

Spotify 0.6.4

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I think your first step will have to be a clean reinstallation. Sorry.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I think your first step will have to be a clean reinstallation. Sorry.

Feeling like that's the case as well, and I guess I'd rather bite the bullet and be able to listen to music sooner rather than later.  Thanks!

When I open Spotify on my iphone5 it whitescreens with a grey bar at the top .. doesn't get any further. I tried it on my old iphone 4, does the same thing.

What's going on?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, no change

Does changing the region settings help (Settings > General > International > Region Format > then change country)? If so, there's a bug topic on this.

I changed from Australia to United States, no difference in the problem

thanks though ..

Could you try reinstalling following the steps in this troubleshooting post.

I did that, cleared Safari of Cookies and history. Downloaded the Spotify app from App store not iTunes .. no change, I still get a whitescreen and grey bar at the top .

whooa there .. I reset the phone and it's working, the hard reset fixed my iphone4 as well.

how odd, but thanks!

Glad you fixed it. Enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts