Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app freezes when swiping through a playlist

iPhone app freezes when swiping through a playlist

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 6S

Operating System: iOS 15.7.3

When I have a playlist open and I'm listening to a track I usually scroll to the next track by swiping on the screen, if the screen is unlocked. If the screen is locked I usually use the forward and backward icons on the lock screen to do this.

No matter which I use, I'll scroll through a few songs and then it will get stuck on one song. If I'm swiping, the screen still changes to the next song but the old/previous song keeps playing. Also, when the screen moves forward to the next song the artwork for that song doesn't load.

When the old/previous song has finished playing, no other song starts and the only thing that can be done to make the app useable again is to shut it down and restart it.

This has been going on for a long time so it's nothing to do with any recent updates to either the phone or the app. Can anyone help?

1 Reply

Hey @BartonFunk2, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this. Can you let me know what steps you've taken to resolve the issue? If possible, can you share a screen recording of what's happening in more detail?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts