Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app login failure

iPhone app login failure

I can't login to my iphone Spotify app. The message that says "Login failed - Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?" pops up. I am loggin in and out fine on my desktop app so I know the password and email are correct. I have separate account from my FB account so FB login failure doesn't apply to me. This same problem is happening to my coworkers as well and it's been couple days. I just upgraded to premium family but I don't think that has anything to do with this login problem. Please solve this issue!

12 Replies

I log in using my email and my password, not through FB but the same error shows up. I can acces my account on the website but not in the iphone app. I've changed my password several times and I've deleted and reistalled the app in my phone and still the same issue shows up. 

I log in using my email and my password in my phone and this error shows up (Login failed - username or password is incorrect). I can acces my account on the website but not in the iphone app. I've changed my password several times and I've deleted and reistalled the app in my phone and still the same issue shows up. 

I just got the Premium subscription and I cannot use the App!!

Can I get anyone at Spotify to help me???

I am also having same problem

Hi 

The same problem appears to me when trying to login in the app in my iPhone.

I think the problem was we use to type the full email id in the username but it did'nt work in that way.

For example if your email id is <snip> please type the username as Jack19 instaed of total email id.

Hope it works please check.

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to log in through my iPhone app and everything works fine. I used my user and password and then facebook login, both worked like a charm. Can you verify you Spotify Version? Open you AppStore -> Search -> Spotify -> Scroll Down -> Version History. I`m using iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1 and Spotify 5.7.0 from May 26th.

Att,

ravxl

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it did not work.

Hi,

I tried to log in through my iPhone app and everything works fine. I used my user and password and then facebook login, both worked like a charm. Can you verify you Spotify Version? Open you AppStore -> Search -> Spotify -> Scroll Down -> Version History. I`m using iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1 and Spotify 5.7.0 from May 26th.

Att,

ravxl

Thanks for your reply, I have an iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2 and Spotify 5.7.0. It is not working. 

I'ts starting to get very frustrating. I don´t get why there are no Spotify employees giving tech support to their customers.

Best regards,

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER 

I am also using the same version  iOS 9.3.2 and Spotify 5.7.0 but on iphone 6 plus.

But it works in my case

I`ll check if i can bring some staff attention to your problem. I just updated my iPhone 6 to 9.3.2 & it`s still working. Let me ask you something, have you tried to force log out of all your devices? 

Att,

ravxl

I've just made a password reset on my Facebook account, then logged out of all devices  on the Spotify website and logged in with my phone, and it worked! I haven't tried logging in with my user name and password, but as long it's working I don't mind. 

Thanks!

I had the same problem.  The problem is because ofhow Spotify is using the username.

If your username is "jasmith@gmail.com"  you type only "jasmith". 

This worked for the app on my desktop and my iphone app on an Iphone 6S.

Suggested posts