Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

After the last update (the one to support the XS Max), when songs are played the player buttons do not go to the top of the screen where they are supposed to be. Once you drag down on the artwork it then snaps where it's supposed to be.

12 Replies

Hey there,

I recommend you to try reinstalling the app. This article may help you: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Thanks! 🙂

Hey guys,

I've had the same issue for several Spotify versions, I have tried it on iOS 12.1.2 and currently I'm on iOS 12.1.3 Dev Beta 4 and Spotify Beta 8.4.88 and this issue is still there.

Hey all!

We've received reports from users where the Album artwork and upper buttons in the Now Playing view do not scale appropriately. Only when the Artwork is being dragged down slightly, but not enough to close the Now Playing screen, will everything scale properly.

Try to do a quick reinstallation and let us know the following if it did not help.

• iOS device
  • iOS version
  • Spotify version

We'll investigate and keep you up-to-date here. Looking forward to your reply!

Have a nice day.

Did a reinstall. Still having the issue.

iPhone 8+

iOS 12.1.3

Spotify App 8.4.91.903

Hey @jacob14779 and @Loxer

There's a new Spotify version that was recently released. Can you reinstall the app again and see if the issue persists? Let us know the new version after reinstall 🙂

Thanks!

Hey @Jemi,

I had the update but yeah Spotify changed the full screen UI remotely.

Hey @Loxer. Can you clarify a bit? How did it change? Does the same thing happen after the update?

Thanks 🙂 

Hey @Jemi,

This one:

Image from iOS.png

Hey @Jemi,

Today my full screen player UI changed back to the old one and this issue is back, the one described in the video.

Thanks 🙂

Hey everyone, thanks for the info you've provided so far. 

Make sure your iOS version is up-to-date to receive the latest fixes and updates. Let us know if the issue persists after that, along your new iOS version, and we'll have a closer look.

Thanks!

Hey @jacob14779 and @Loxer,

Did you try updating your OS, and does the issue persist?

Let us know and we'll have a closer look.

All the best!

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while! As a result, we're going to move this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to open a new thread and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Suggested posts