Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone not downloading playlists (fixed)

iPhone not downloading playlists (fixed)

Description

My iPhone won't download any playlists over wifi nor celular. The download indicator apear with the spinning wheel and progress bar, but the counter gets stuck on 1 of 2 songs for my 2 song playlist and never changes. Inside the playlist all songs have undownloaded icons, and no song have a download in progress spinning wheel icon.

Originally I had over 5 gigs of downloaded playlists, but as I could not download any adittional playlists or add offline songs to the already downloaded ones I tried reinstalling the app, using the troublesooting steps here:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/10...

I also tried doing 2 consecutive hard resets, which I was recomended somewere else on these forums.

As I lost over 5 gigs of offline playlists when I reinstalled the app, and the problems persists, I can rule out both lack of space on my phone, and hitting the maximum allowed amount of offline songs, two other common causes I found in threads here.

Edit:

After som experimenting I have found that if I play a song in a playlist marked for downloading, it gets downloaded, and receive a green downloaded icon in the playlist. However, the counter in the top of the list of playlist does not see the song as downloaded and still says 1 of 2.

If I download all songs in the playlist this way, the counter stays the same, and the playlist still have a gray undownloaded icon in the list of playlists, even though it is completely available offline. I have verified this by playing the songs with the phone in flight mode.

Edit2:

After giving up and going to bed, the problem fixed itself the next day. No idea why.

What I expected to happen

The selected playlists would download

What actually happened

Nothing

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 6+ 64gb (around 30gb of free space)

Device’s Operating System

iOS 8.1.2

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

60-80. no offline playlists on my phone.

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

n/a

My provider and country

Telia, Sweden

My username

captainwolff

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

no

0 Replies

Suggested posts