Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Problems syncing my playlists to offline modus

Hello! I have iphone 5s and iOs 8.1.1. I have problems to sync my playlists into offline mode. They starts to sync, but half way they stop syncing... Is there anyone else who has this problem and can help me? I have enough memory on my phone so that ...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I have iphone 5s and iOs 8.1.1. I have problems to sync my playlists into offline mode. They starts to sync, but half way they stop syncing... Is there anyone else who has this prob...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

just upgraded to UNLIMITED and cant play offline ?

Hello , im new at spotify , i just upgraded to unlimited , and once i want to play offline it says i need to be premuim ???? i click on the music , then add to playlist ,, then i click play offline ,, still says the same thing ..... and when i enter ...

• Hello , im new at spotify , i just upgraded to unlimited , and once i want to play offline it says i need to be premuim ????  i click on the music , then add to playlist ,, then i click pl...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Mode

Hi guys,Need some help with Spotify.I Seem to have the problem that not every Song is available in offline mode. Hope someone can help.

• Regular
  • Hi guys, Need some help with Spotify. I Seem to have the problem that not every Song is available in offline mode. Hope someone can help.
  • Stunned
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

My own music in "Artists"

hello everyone, first of all excuse me if some of the buttons or labels are not precise but i have to use the german version and translate it on my own. So i wonder whether it is possible to put my own musik ( for example stuff i got from Youtube) in...

• hello everyone, first of all excuse me if some of the buttons or labels are not precise but i have to use the german version and translate it on my own.   So i wonder whether it is possibl...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - controlling the iPhone play from my PC?

So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone. But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (connected to me hifi), controlled from my desktop where I work. It work...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have figure out fine to connect my PC to my iPhone with Spotify Connect. And yes - I can remote control my PC from the iPhone.    But what I want is to play music on my iPhone (con...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

won't download offline mode

I'm downloading one of my playlists on my ipod to listen offline and it starts the download but in the middle it stops downloading the rest of the playlist and the song it stops on doesn't have a green or Gray arrow so what can I do? How do I continu...

• I'm downloading one of my playlists on my ipod to listen offline and it starts the download but in the middle it stops downloading the rest of the playlist and the song it stops on doesn't have a gre...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble syncing some local audio files onto a playlist. It's available offline on both my PC and my iPhone, but none of my local files can be played on my phone, it says I need to sync them. It could maybe be the fact that I'm...

• Hi everyone,   I'm having trouble syncing some local audio files onto a playlist. It's available offline on both my PC and my iPhone, but none of my local files can be played on my phone, it...
  • tfhall4
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uncensored Music

I want to know right now, how to get uncle sired versions of rap songs on Spotify Premium MOBILE. All you admins always refer to the desktop versions when people make these complaints. MOBILE APP. How do you get uncensorws rap albums on the MOBILE AP...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to know right now, how to get uncle sired versions of rap songs on Spotify Premium MOBILE. All you admins always refer to the desktop versions when people make these complaints. MOBILE APP. Ho...
  • tfhall4
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with new Spotify app and BMW Connected Drive - Loss of Signal

When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system. However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection. When this happens, the phone is unable to recover back to 3G unless the phone is...

• Regular
  • When the iPhone is connected, Spotify control works great through the iDrive system.  However, I have noticed a problem when a phone temporarily looses its 3G connection.  When this happens...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Crashes After Plugging in iPod

I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes from starting automatically, so I did that. Now ev...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased Spotify premium to sync my music to my iPod. After restoring my iPod, I attempted syncing it in Spotify. Spotify immediately crashed, I read a few boards saying to disable iTunes...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows client crashes when iPod nano is connected.

Hi. I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes. I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited space. I have found that after using my iPod with spotify for a few weeks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.     I started using spotify to sync music to my 5th generation ipod nano because I mostly prefer it to iTunes.  I only sync specific playlists to my iPod because it has limited...
  • oszav
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing song

Rihanna's album loud is missing the song "Love the Way You Lie Part 2

• Casual Listener
  • Rihanna's album loud is missing the song "Love the Way You Lie Part 2
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Why the sharing option for spotify users doesn't work?

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with this: Everytime a try to share a song vía inbox/as a message to any friend who's on spotify, the app shuts down on my iPad mini. It's quite annoying because I really want to share the song but I hav...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with this:   Everytime a try to share a song vía inbox/as a message to any friend who's on spotify, the app shuts down on my iPad mini. It's qu...
  • angela20rock
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • inbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sportify Premium iPad

How can I buy Spotify Premium in iPad app?I can't find anything where I can buy it, but app description says I can buy it in app.

• Community Legend
  • How can I buy Spotify Premium in iPad app? I can't find anything where I can buy it, but app description says I can buy it in app.
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please add this as a Higher Priority

(I made a forum account for this purpose specifically) Please fix this as soon as possible, and make it a higher priority then you're putting it at. I love spotify, but I cannot stand seeing the tackiness of having no album art. It has been long enou...

• Regular
  • (I made a forum account for this purpose specifically) Please fix this as soon as possible, and make it a higher priority then you're putting it at. I love spotify, but I cannot stand seeing the tack...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file will not play on iPhone 6+/iOS 8.0.2

I got my new iPhone 6+ today. Restored backup from my iPhone 5. I had to save all my offline playlists again, course. But now Spotify wont play any of my local files. :'( Does anyone know what he problem is? Or know anything about this? Tips and tric...

• I got my new iPhone 6+ today. Restored backup from my iPhone 5.   I had to save all my offline playlists again, course. But now Spotify wont play any of my local files. :'(  ...
  • rickun
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    local files sync
    local music
    local songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting

When I click options and pick my playlist and click Title under sort by - it sorts it alphabetically but half my songs are missing - how do I get it to sort ALL my songs?

• Casual Listener
  • When I click options and pick my playlist and click Title under sort by - it sorts it alphabetically but half my songs are missing - how do I get it to sort ALL my songs?
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify for iOS pauses every 5-10 seconds

Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellular data coverage. The app also works fine when I am c...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellul...
  • reckoner227
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

swipe left to delete song in playlist

Hello all, I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlists)? It would be super to have that simple and incredibly useful feature back...

• Roadie
  • Hello all,    I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlist...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

IPAD Search

Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app/// To me its pretty much useless now... Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs this service how it should behave...

• Casual Listener
  • Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app///   To me its pretty much useless now...   Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs th...
  • fatolaf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes