Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I randomly started controlling a stranger's phone (and vice versa) and now my songs are gone.

Solved!

I randomly started controlling a stranger's phone (and vice versa) and now my songs are gone.

Yesterday, I was out driving in my car and listening to Spotify while streaming.  I was not on WiFi, nor was I connected to any Bluetooth device.  While I was driving, the song I was listening to suddenly switched to something different that I'd never heard of.  I switched it back to my playlist, but it would play for 10 seconds and then give me a pop-up message.  When I finally got to where I was going, I was able to read the pop-up message.  It said "You are now playing on RENEE MANN'S iPhone."  I don't know a Renee Mann.  Every time I would try to play one of my songs, it would play for 10 seconds and then stop.  Sometimes her songs would start randomly playing on my phone.  Clicking the button on the pop-up telling it to stop doing that had no effect.  I logged out of Spotify and rebooted my phone, and that seemed to solve the problem, until this morning, when I turned on Spotify in my car and it did the same thing, despite being in a completely different part of town and on secured WiFi this time.  Again, a log out and reboot fixed the problem.  I noticed, however, that almost all of my playlists were deleted.  I logged into Spotify on the web this morning, changed my password, and recovered all my deleted playlists (save one, the "Glitch" playlist, which actually belongs to Renee Mann).  My "Starred" playlist, however, which I use as a master playlist and had over 1500 songs on it last I checked, now only has 13 songs on it.  It's not listed as something that I can recover.  Is there any way I can get these songs back?  This is three years worth of saved music that I'd like to recover.  I've tried deleting and restoring the Spotify app, but my songs haven't come back.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It sounds like someone got ahold of your account information and was using your Spotify account. 

Good thing you got it working now!

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help you get the songs back

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

It sounds like someone got ahold of your account information and was using your Spotify account. 

Good thing you got it working now!

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help you get the songs back

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts