Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Problems using Shuffle on my IPad

After updating the Spotify app on my iPad, it no longer gives me the option to shuffle songs anywhere. I use premium, and near the bottom of the screen where it has the album artwork and repeat options, shuffle is no longer available. Help?

• Visitor
  • After updating the Spotify app on my iPad, it no longer gives me the option to shuffle songs anywhere. I use premium, and near the bottom of the screen where it has the album artwork and repeat optio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MAJOR PROBLEM

For the past 24 hours I have been having problems streaming on my I-pad. Songs keep stopping and buffering and then continuing again. I have never had this problem before. I am streaming with the extreme quality setting however my internet is plenty ...

• Music Fan
  • For the past 24 hours I have been having problems streaming on my I-pad. Songs keep stopping and buffering and then continuing again. I have never had this problem before. I am streaming with the ext...
  • tsrk30
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • I-PAD
    streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify iOS 1.9.0 bug Cover art

Look at this video, the cover art ain't showing even if I restarted my device and the app. I do not wish to redownload my offline music again as I downloaded it for hours. http://youtu.be/jR05S3Z-2Ho

• Casual Listener
  •   Look at this video, the cover art ain't showing even if I restarted my device and the app.   I do not wish to redownload my offline music again as I downloaded it for hours. &nbsp...
  • PeterGDresden
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 issues

DescriptionI upgraded to iphone 6. downloaded Spotify app. I can't log-in.......it simply hangs. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. app download from AppStore worked fine 2. i put in UserName & Password....it just hangs 3. I even cha...

• Description I upgraded to iphone 6.  downloaded Spotify app.  I can't log-in.......it simply hangs. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. app download from AppStore wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist and songs not showing up on my iPhone

So I have just run into a problem where I created a playlist on my computer, and added a few songs to some other playlists, but none of these are showing up on my phone. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Regular
  • So I have just run into a problem where I created a playlist on my computer, and added a few songs to some other playlists, but none of these are showing up on my phone. If anyone has any suggestions...
  • emanser
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

help on vodafone spotify premuim 2 year free

hello i have just got an iphone 6 - comes with 2 years free premium spotify - my old phone also had this so when i backed restored my new iphone 6 and logged in to my account all my songs are there but its now saying i only have the free account and ...

• hello i have just got an iphone 6 - comes with 2 years free premium spotify - my old phone also had this so when i backed restored my new iphone 6 and logged in to my account all my songs are there...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline listening

I'm following all the steps to make a playlist or album available offline (Spotify Premium), but the arrow doesn't turn green, and i can't access the music offline. Why is it not working?

• I'm following all the steps to make a playlist or album available offline (Spotify Premium), but the arrow doesn't turn green, and i can't access the music offline. Why is it not working?
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify Iphone app still use data when playing "available offline" playlist if data is on?

I've tried searching for the answer for this but it seems like there is a ton of people having issues getting the available offline working so every search result I see is with regards to that.... My question is different, my available offline seems ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried searching for the answer for this but it seems like there is a ton of people having issues getting the available offline working so every search result I see is with regards to that.... ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio iphone repeats playlist

So I use Spotify radio at the gym, i use the station for artists based on Doctor P (it's good gym music). It appears that the algorithym used to randomise tracks is broken. I constantly get to a point (never sure when it'll happen) where the radio st...

• Regular
  • So I use Spotify radio at the gym, i use the station for artists based on Doctor P (it's good gym music). It appears that the algorithym used to randomise tracks is broken. I constantly get to a poin...
  • Smoak888
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Previously Synced Songs Won't Play On New Device

I am trying to lsiten to an album on Spotify. However, 3 or 4 of the songs won't play. These songs WERE in my itunes library, however I broke both my iPhone and MacBook in the same weekend. Now even when I'm online and everything, these songs won't p...

• I am trying to lsiten to an album on Spotify. However, 3 or 4 of the songs won't play. These songs WERE in my itunes library, however I broke both my iPhone and MacBook in the same weekend. Now even ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Playback

Hi, Everytime I play music on spotify it will use the shuffle feature. I have tried to find somewhere to turn it off, but without any luck. And no, I do not press the big green shuffle play button everytime I start to listen to a new album or playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Everytime I play music on spotify it will use the shuffle feature. I have tried to find somewhere to turn it off, but without any luck. And no, I do not press the big green shuffle pla...
  • Pinehurst_Ken
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

I have been paying for spotify for a few months now and has been working fine but when I tried to play music yesterday it said I have to update to premium, I did this but now it is only letting me shuffle my music and not letting me just select one s...

• I have been paying for spotify for a few months now and has been working fine but when I tried to play music yesterday it said I have to update to premium, I did this but now it is only letting me sh...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I allow other users to find me using my username in Search?

Is there a privacy setting that I am missing? When others try to find my profile using my username it says "No results found."

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a privacy setting that I am missing? When others try to find my profile using my username it says "No results found."
  • sartainjenifer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Syncing between Computer and iPhone

Hi. I am having a very serious problem with my Spotify. I am a premium member and have been using spotify for about 6 months, but recently (the last week) my phone has stopped syncing with my Spotify. The songs that I have put into my playlist throug...

• Hi. I am having a very serious problem with my Spotify. I am a premium member and have been using spotify for about 6 months, but recently (the last week) my phone has stopped syncing with my Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up/down button say 'something went wrong'

hi universe the 'thumbs up/down' in my spotify radio on iPhone and iPad do not work. when i click, it first ssays 'improving' - fine - but then hit with 'something went wrong'. no change in song composiiton. does anybody have the same problem? anybod...

• Casual Listener
  • hi universe   the 'thumbs up/down' in my spotify radio on iPhone and iPad do not work.  when i click, it first ssays 'improving' - fine - but then hit with 'something went wrong'. no ch...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con la sincronización.

Guardo mis playlist en según sí se sincronizan, pero a la hora de querer escucharlas sin conexión estas no se reproducen mas que estando con conexión. ¿Qué puedo hacer ya que estoy pagando por un servicio que no me esta cumpliendo al 100?

• Guardo mis playlist en según sí se sincronizan, pero a la hora de querer escucharlas sin conexión estas no se reproducen mas que estando con conexión. ¿Qué puedo hacer ya que estoy pagando por un ser...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hi everyone, i have and issue with the album covers on all my playlist, they don´t load.This happend offline and with wifi. I have and iphone 4s with IOS 8.1 A lot of people said that this would be fixed soon... with an update but i don't know if tha...

• Hi everyone, i have and issue with the album covers on all my playlist, they don´t load.This happend offline and with wifi. I have and iphone 4s with IOS 8.1  A lot of people said that this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What's this "Bookmark this Track" option on the lock screen now?

What's this "Bookmark this Track" option on the lock screen now? It only appears when you are playing from radio, and it is a drop-menu. Anyways, it doesn't work -- but I'm so curious for what it is!

• Casual Listener
  • What's this "Bookmark this Track" option on the lock screen now?  It only appears when you are playing from radio, and it is a drop-menu.   Anyways, it doesn't work -- but I'm so curiou...
  • tedsvo
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

offline iphone not working

new to spotify premium, signed up because i wanted to listen to my albums and playlists on my iphone 5 whilst offline. but whenever i go offline, it says: track only available online this track is not synced and not available offline. connect to a ne...

• new to spotify premium, signed up because i wanted to listen to my albums and playlists on my iphone 5 whilst offline. but whenever i go offline, it says:   track only available online &nb...
  • cebadat
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS app slow, hangs

I've recently noticed my app is very slow opening up, forcing me to be stuck on the opening splash screen for at least 30-45 seconds. I am on the latest iOS (8.1.1) and Spotify (I forget the number, but I just updated yesterday). Is there any type of...

• Gig Goer
  • I've recently noticed my app is very slow opening up, forcing me to be stuck on the opening splash screen for at least 30-45 seconds. I am on the latest iOS (8.1.1) and Spotify (I forget the number, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes