Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

listening to music via spotify

listening to music via spotify

I am in my 60's, not very computer savy, and have just found Spotiy and intend to download music so I can listen to it via my laptop and a wireless speaker.  I need to know that if I  am on line the whole time (assume I will need to be)and have 40 GB's a month for all my internet use - how much of this does Spotify take if I listen daily for 2-3 hours each day?

Wendy

2 Replies

Hey @wendybross 

It's great to hear you've discovered Spotify!

Generally Spotify does not consume a high amount of data overall, however this varies depending on track length, your music quality settings and how long you choose to listen.

Each track is approximately 3-5mb of data, so you could expect to consume 100+MB of data in a 2-3 hour period of streaming tracks. Spotify will also cache tracks you've streamed, meaning the track does not need to be fully downloaded again for the purpose of playback.

If you intend on listening to specific playlists, you could sync them to your computer for offline playback. By doing so, you can continue to listen to your music even when your device is offline, and also conserve data when online.

You can find out more here: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/

Oh dear,oh dear, my computer knowledge is very inadequate so know how to sync or play off line. But love the site and the selection of music available.
Wendy

Suggested posts