Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Playlists not updating between Computer and iPhone 5s running iOS 8.1

The playlist on my phone is not updating whenever I add or remove songs on my PC. I've tried a clean reinstall, I've tried adding songs directly from my mobile device, but none of this has helped. On my computer it says that I have 840 songs, but on ...

• Casual Listener
  • The playlist on my phone is not updating whenever I add or remove songs on my PC. I've tried a clean reinstall, I've tried adding songs directly from my mobile device, but none of this has helped. ...
  • Vikungen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete playlist on iphone

iPhone keeps crashing when I try to delete the beard album by the beards. Please fix!!

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone keeps crashing when I try to delete the beard album by the beards. Please fix!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Copy Link / SMS Sharing no longer plays specified song

Up until recently (perhaps 6 weeks or so), I had been using the SHARE tools to send links of specific songs via the COPY TRACK LINK function. This generated a short link (for example: http://open.spotify.com/track/5xLfQuX5YAfog2JgPz0dpA) which could ...

• Casual Listener
  • Up until recently (perhaps 6 weeks or so), I had been using the SHARE tools to send links of specific songs via the COPY TRACK LINK function. This generated a short link (for example:&...
  • andrewlowe
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Bug iPhone
    Bug Sharing
    Bug SMS
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Spotify cover art

I have updated to the latest version and since then all of my offline music isn't showing the cover art

• I have updated to the latest version and since then all of my offline music isn't showing the cover art
  • Ward__23
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

How to turn off iOS A2DP

iOS is primative compared with Android. There, you can manage phone and A2DP channels separately. But iOS lumps them together. Which means music starts playing every time I get in the car. My car (Scion) manages two channels separately. However, if I...

• Roadie
  • iOS is primative compared with Android. There, you can manage phone and A2DP channels separately. But iOS lumps them together. Which means music starts playing every time I get in the car. My car (Sc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Toplist iOS - only 10 available options, where are other countries

Hello, could anyone possibly help me out with my problem: on iOS device, after I go to Browse / toplist - there are only 10 options available? I used to listen to US, Italian and UK toplists and now those are gone. Any tips on that please? Cheers, il...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   could anyone possibly help me out with my problem:   on iOS device, after I go to Browse / toplist - there are only 10 options available? I used to listen to US, Italian an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

why I can not browse toplists other countries on iOS Spotify client ?

In Desktop app i can browse toplis of any available country. On iOS i can choose one of four countries, but if i choose country different that i'm registered in, then i don't see any playlists at all

• Casual Listener
  • In Desktop app i can browse toplis of any available country. On iOS i can choose one of four countries, but if i choose country different that i'm registered in, then i  don't see any playlists ...
  • iluv3city
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle is always on now solved by uninstalling the app and install again

I have premium on my desktop and on my ipad. Everything works on the desktop, but I can not turn the shuffle off on the ipad.I can turn the icon grey without any effect. I have tried to log on and off

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium on my desktop and on my ipad. Everything works on the desktop, but I can not turn the shuffle off on the ipad. I can turn the icon grey without any effect. I have tried to log on and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It works!

Hey the new Spotify update just came out and if you go on your playlist or your library and swipe from the top like you were doing a search on the apple music app. There is a little sign next to the search bar with three lines. Click on that and then...

• Hey the new Spotify update just came out and if you go on your playlist or your library and swipe from the top like you were doing a search on the apple music app. There is a little sign next to the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to free up more iPhone space?

My 16GB iPhone 4S almost runs out of space. What should I do if I don't wanna delete my photos?

• My 16GB iPhone 4S almost runs out of space. What should I do if I don't wanna delete my photos?
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing to iPod

I have carefully followed all the instructions to sync my playlists to my iPod but it will not do it - I have done so successfully with my iPad.

• Casual Listener
  • I have carefully followed all the instructions to sync my playlists to my iPod but it will not do it - I have done so successfully with my iPad.
  • Ffotolady
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app crashing often after 1 minute of playing

Hello, my problem started in the last week of September, probably after an update of the iOS app. Whenever I launch the app, it crashes after 1 or 2 minutes letting me listen only to 1 song (90% of cases) or is very slow and laggy (10% of cases). Con...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my problem started in the last week of September, probably after an update of the iOS app.   Whenever I launch the app, it crashes after 1 or 2 minutes letting me listen only t...
  • nwinx
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Something went wrong"

Everytime I try to save a song I like on the radio - it won't save and it give me a message "something went wrong!" - happens ALL the time. I am seriously considering quitting my premium spotify. My songs stop and start randomly, I always get "your o...

• Everytime I try to save a song I like on the radio - it won't save and it give me a message "something went wrong!" - happens ALL the time.  I am seriously considering quitting my premium spotif...
  • mduncan93
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash of spotify trying to syncronize an iPod Classic 5th generation

Hello people. I have an iPod classic 5th generation. I installed the last firmwareof iPod (1.3), the last iTunes and the last version of spotify. I am on Windows. When I connercted the iPod for the first time with spotify opened, Spotify asked me to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello people. I have an iPod classic 5th generation. I installed the last firmwareof iPod (1.3), the last iTunes and the last version of spotify. I am on Windows. When I connercted the iPod for ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with my log in

Hello there!I can not log into my Spotify account with my Facebook or email. If I try to log in with my Facebook account it says that: "You can only use Spotify aboard for 14 days".I forgot the password of my account and after I proceed all of those ...

• Hello there! I can not log into my Spotify account with my Facebook or email. If I try to log in with my Facebook account it says that: "You can only use Spotify aboard for 14 days". I forgot the...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch (4th Generation) crashes with sync

I have an old iPod touch that I use for music in my car as it has an old iPod wire and I just transitioned to Spotify Premium and got Spotify for iOS 6. Whenever I'm trying to sync all of my music (1400 songs), it always crashes after about every 25 ...

• I have an old iPod touch that I use for music in my car as it has an old iPod wire and I just transitioned to Spotify Premium and got Spotify for iOS 6. Whenever I'm trying to sync all of my music (1...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connectivity issue with I phone app

Hi, this week I started having a problem with my spotify streaming. I will be listening for a half hour and all is fine and then it starts getting choppy and then just quits playing all together. My service is good. Full bars 4g ... I've contact AT&T...

• Hi, this week I started having a problem with my spotify streaming. I will be listening for a half hour and all is fine and then it starts getting choppy and then just quits playing all together. My ...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album covers not working

Ok so I have a iPhone 5c and I have spotify premium and when I go into the app, in the corner there is a little album cover, but when I tap on it and make it full screen it's the black music note :/. Even shows up on the lock screen like that. Does a...

• Ok so I have a iPhone 5c and I have spotify premium and when I go into the app, in the corner there is a little album cover, but when I tap on it and make it full screen it's the black music note :/....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect on my iPhone can't find my iMac.

Hi all. according to the Spotify's FAQ I see that I can use Spotify connect to find my iMac and control it through the phone. is this correct? I tried everything but iMac is not on the connected devices list and I can't find any settings on the compu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all.    according to the Spotify's FAQ I see that I can use Spotify connect to find my iMac and control it through the phone. is this correct?   I tried everything but ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing a song at a time - iOS 6.1.6. - Premium

Hello, I just bought Premium and synced a few playlists to listen in offline mode to my iPod Touch (iOS 6.1.6). However I added a new track to a playlist and it didn't synced it automatically (as it did on my laptop) nor did I find an option do synce...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I just bought Premium and synced a few playlists to listen in offline mode to my iPod Touch (iOS 6.1.6). However I added a new track to a playlist and it didn't synced it auto...
  • canalcaveira
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes