Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch - Not loading any of my playlist or songs, it's all empty.

Solved!

iPod Touch - Not loading any of my playlist or songs, it's all empty.

Hello, this is my first time posting in the forums so I hope I do this right and give enough info. Thanks.

Description

My iPod touch app is not working, I can log in but it's not loading anything after new update. It's like the app in not recognising I have any music/playlists.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I deleted the app, reinstalled spotify.

2. Then I cleared my safari history, cookies and data, deleted app, reinstalled app.

3. I also logged out, deleted, reinstalled, logged back in.

Nothing worked it's still not loading any of the songs, albums, artists or playlists.

What I expected to happen

I had hoped that it would work and everything would load, this is the first major problem i've had. 

What actually happened

As I said, I logged in to find nothing had loaded, the app was empty.

My iPad/iPhone model

This might be my problem as it's a iPod touch (newest gen). I've looked trough this forum (iOS) and everybody seems to have iPhones or iPads.

Device’s Operating System

iOS 6.1.6, my iPod is telling me it's up to date.

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

12, My starred, a playlist for local files (only way I could play local files), a playlist of liked radio songs, 5 playlists i'm following and the rest i've made myself.

My mobile Spotify version

The latest 1.5.0, I have premium.

My provider and country

Australia. I use my home wifi.

My username

Tazular

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try restarting the device a few times by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen.

It seems to fix it for most people after a few restarts for some unknown reason!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Peter, thank you for your help. Restarting the device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on the screen worked, the app is working and all my music/playlists are back.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Try restarting the device a few times by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen.

It seems to fix it for most people after a few restarts for some unknown reason!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi Peter, thank you for your help. Restarting the device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on the screen worked, the app is working and all my music/playlists are back.

Thanks.

Suggested posts