Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ios4] stop playing after 1minute

[ios4] stop playing after 1minute

Hi,

Coud you please help me to fix this issue.

On my Iphone4 -ios4- since 2 days after 1 minutes the player stop the song and I must manually skip the song to the next one and again the song stop after 1 minute...

I use spotify on my Iphone since 6 month, and It's the 1st time that I see this bug!

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

10 Replies

Hey panthR, welcome to the Community.

Which stream quality option do you have selected in the app's settings? I'd recommend giving it a go with a different option to begin with.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

Thanks for the tips,

But it's not better!

I have tried all quality (low/high/maximum) for stream and synchronize.

But in both cases the music stop between 1 and 2 minutes.

I have deleted the APP from my Iphone and re-download it but the issue is still here!

Do you have another solution?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

I'd next suggest getting in touch through our contact form - we're trying to gather reports of this issue together to see if there's anything in common here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I am experiencing the same problem.  Songs play for about 1:28 then stop and I have to manually go to the next song.  This is happening on both the my offline starred playlist and online playlists.  Of course the trouble starts a few days after I started paying for my account (my trial ran out.)  Very frustrating... 

@AmandaJane wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem.  Songs play for about 1:28 then stop and I have to manually go to the next song.  This is happening on both the my offline starred playlist and online playlists.  Of course the trouble starts a few days after I started paying for my account (my trial ran out.)  Very frustrating... 

Which version of the iOS app are you running?

I just downloaded the most recent update a few days ago so I'm using version 0.5.4.13.g926e1856

AmandaJane - How strange! Shouldn't be doing that for you. I'd try a clean reinstallation first of all, although keep in mind that any offline playlists you had will need to be resynced. Failing that, try changing the streaming quality and turning off both Gapless Playback and Crossfade tracks. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello,

i have a Ipod touch 3 with IOS 4.2.1

After 1 minute Spotify stops and i have to restart Spotify. I have formatted the iPod and have installed Spotify IOS 4 again. Problem not solved!

@panthR wrote:

Hi,

Coud you please help me to fix this issue.

On my Iphone4 -ios4- since 2 days after 1 minutes the player stop the song and I must manually skip the song to the next one and again the song stop after 1 minute...

I use spotify on my Iphone since 6 month, and It's the 1st time that I see this bug!

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

On my iPhone 4S i dont have any problems.

Will there be a new app Spotify IOS 4 without this bug?

Best regards from the Netherlands

Arjen de Jong

Pretty sure that is unlikely, since iOS 4 is now a legacy platform like Mac OS X 10.5.x which is no longer being supported. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I experience the same thing with the old spotify for IOS 4 app on my ipod tuch. The app simply closig down every 5 miutes or so 😞

Suggested posts