Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iphone skipping and stopping?

Solved!

iphone skipping and stopping?

Chanced to premium and had loads of problems on desktop but most annoyingly on my iphone it olays about half a song then starts to skip and then stops what do I do? if it continues i will not be staying with spotify!

49 Replies

Turning off gapless playback worked for me. Thanks!

I've tried all of these fixes and I'm having the same issue. I even tried re-downloading the app. I'm also a premium user, so this is very frustrating.

Having the same issues. The app will pause, skip 10 seconds and open siri for no reason at random. Tried turning off gapless playback, cross fade and turned down the music quality. This is makes the app useless and I'm paying for this service. Seriously considering cancelling my subscription.

Hi

I ultimately found it was a problem with the iPhone itself - the Genius Bar
guy said the headphone socket was faulty, he switched my iPhone and no more
problems. Not an easy fix but it did the job for me. Tony

It's recently gotten mostly better, but I don't think that would've fixed my problem anyway. Mine actually seemed like a problem within the program because the "Unable to Play Song" notification would pop up just about each time it would skip.

Excuse my newest comment, I didn't realize that it was likely to the comment under my original post.

This has been happening to me continuously and here are two things I've noticed...

It only happens with certain songs (no idea why).  I tried playing the same song 10 times in a row once, and it skipped to the next song approximately 7 seconds in each time.

It also only occurs when I'm playing songs offline.. (e.g. when my phone is roaming/connection is limited)

I started having this issue two days ago. After looking around on the net I think it might have something to do with T-Mobile streaming.

I switched to Wi-Fi and now it's not skipping anymore. I also turned off gapless playback. Thankfully I didn't have to lower the quality.

I really hope Spotify fixes this problem cause it's an awesome product but I'm paying 10$ dollars a month and I'd like to get my moneys worth. That means streaming in my car and anywhere else that doesn't have wi-fi. I saw in the Android help forum T-Mobile streamers are having the same issue.

So far here are three simple solutions:

Turn off gapless playback

Connect to Wi-Fi

Lower quality

If you're having this problem, post if you have T-Mobile.

I have T-Mobile and am having this issue. It's very frustrating.

I actually have T-mobile as well. Like I said, it doesn't happen when I'm
on WiFi or LTE, only when I'm offline or have a slow connection (roaming,
2G, etc).

I am also having this problem on my IPhone 5. It seems to be totally random on my end. Songs will be playing fine and then suddenly will end and skip to the next song on the queue. Drives me insane. Please fix this I've been a happy premium user for about a year but I'm going to cancel my subscription is this isn't fixed soon

let me start by saying it is the last day of 2015 and this app still has not got its ish together! the tech support is awful, they don't offer any help! I shouldn't have to change settings that im PAYING FOR and this "premium" app shouldn't be non-functioning whilst the owners of it do nothing about it. Im two song-skips away from losing my **bleep**, and spotify losing my service. i also want to be refunded for these past miserable months of streaming inability!

I've had spotify premium on and off for the past 4 or five years. Before it was the best music service. When rhapsody was charging $14 a month while at the same time had little music selection at the same time losing artists contracts to play their music or what ever.

Anyway. I had it first on my iPhone 4 and it had no glitch that caught my eye or ear. I have it on my verizon android tablet and it works amazingly, weather it premium and downloaded to the device or not it doesn't matter if it's the wifi or my data plan that it's streaming from: How ever I have it on my now virgin mobile iphone 4 and the skipping and stopping happen weather I downloaded it or not or weather it's wifi or my data. In general apple is a cheap piece if crap that is over priced. So maybe it's that $600 piece of poop apple made.

I've had the exact same problem, it's really bugging me. It skips 10 seconds repeatedly. It's extremely annoying. I just recommend you switch to Deezer. Better quality, more songs, doesn't stop, pause or skip songs.

I think it has to do with the headphone jack. The app may be extremely sensitive to it cause I'm having the same issues. I notice that when I'm listening through my headphones and I'm stationary it's fine but once I start moving around and putting it in my pocket that's when the trouble starts. At home when I use Spotify through my Bluetooth it's fine or on my iPhones speakers it's fine. I suggest getting a toothpick and cleaning out any dust that has accumulated in the jack.

Another issue you might have is if your headset your using has a microphone the microphone triggers siri causing problems.

I have Iphone 6 ios 10.0.2 and spotify version 6.8.0. And my music keeps stopping, skipping forward and backward 10 seconds, and keeps bringing up siri in the app. This is really making mad. I am seriously thinking on switching to apple music if this doesn't get fixed please help.

not sure this is a spotify problem

having the same issue with itunes podcast as well

as hard as this maybe to believe...hahaha

i think this is an apple issue

Hi friends:

I am having the same issue regarding my songs skipping. This is also happening with the songs that I've saved and play when I am off line. I have tried what is suggested with the settings and uninstalled and done all I can see is mentioned. I am not great with technology and have spent about two hours doing the suggestions.

At this point I'm getting frustrated and feeling a bit helpless.

If someone has other suggestions PLEASE let me know. There is only so long I can keep tuning out the skips and shouldn't have to when paying for the product.

Hi there,
I'm an iPhone 7 user. Just updated the app and I felt that might be the cause.

IOS: 10.2.1.

The songs kept skipping and fast forwarding, and lastly replaying the first song then skipping again.

I've used the app while using my phone to do other things such as playing games and texting, or plainly not locking my phone. Or using the app while taking rides on the bus/ walking without unlocking my phone.

There are times where the app runs smoothly, no skipping and fast forwarding.

I've also tried all of the recommendations that might help stop it, but it doesn't work.

Suggested posts