Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

is there a way to find the current song being played on an iPhone playlist?

Solved!

i'd like to be able to go directly to what is playing currently in my playlist on my iPhone, however it doesn't seem like i can.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify is always working to improve the user's experience. You can post any idea you think that may be postive here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi @KareemKK!

Sure there is - when you're playing a song, just tap its title on the bottom of the screen (just above the Navigate and Search icons) and the album cover (and title) will fill the whole screen of your app.

Also if you then tap on the song's title you'll head to the album info. And then again, if you slide the cover to the left, you'll have access to the artist's info 🙂

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

i guess you mis-understood me. sorry

i have a large playlist, and let's say my playlist is on shuffle. when i'm listening to a song that i like and it's not appearing on my list of current viewable songs on my playlist, i want to be able to view the song in its current order on my playlist, instead of having to cycle through the entire playlist to find the song.

does this make more sense now?

Hey @KareemKK, sorry for not understanding correctly.

I'm not sure yet if I understand what you mean by "it's not appearing on my list of current viewable songs on my playlist"

Anyway, when you're on the "big cover screen", there's an icon on the top right corner that shows your Next Songs. Tap it and you'll see the list, even if you're with Shuffle mode on.

Is this what you're looking for?

BittencourtSpotify Star

lol sorry, i still don't think you understand what i'm getting. i'll try to rephrase.

essentially when i am playing a song from my playlist, i want to be able to go straight to that song on my playlist in the entire "playlist view" of all of the songs in my playlist.

ok so, imagine i am looking at the songs on my playlist and i am looking at songs X, Y, Z. however i am playing song B. i know that "currently playing" is at the bottom above search. however, i want to be able to cycle right to song B in the list of songs on my playlist. it's doable on the desktop app, however i don't think it's available for iPhone 😕

Hmm yes, I guess you have to scroll up/down until you find the green title.

Anyway, why exactly would you want to cycle right to the playing song? (considering you have access to its cover and info in the bottom of the page, and you also can see it and the next ones if you tap on the icon on the top right corner)...

BittencourtSpotify Star

i want to see what songs are above it and below it, especially if i have an list of albums, etcetera.

also, what if i want t o re-order my playlist? would be nice to jump right to the song. it just makes sense to be able to go to the song directly and choose your options from there.

To reorder your song list, just go to Next Songs and drag them the way you want...

But if you feel that there's something missing in the way the app commands work, you can always suggest a new idea in the Ideas section.

BittencourtSpotify Star

I guess I'm not that used to the interface but I still think there are ways to make it more efficient. I really like Apple's music interface.

Thank you for bearing with me. I will post my idea in the Ideas section

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Playlists-we-should-be-able-to-go-directly-to-...

that's the idea i posted.

on a side note -- i noticed i can't remove radio stations. any luck with that?

Good! I've already voted for it 🙂

Do you mean the radio stations that start playing after the playlist is over?

BittencourtSpotify Star

awesome thank you for liking it 🙂

no, just any radio station that i created in the radio station menu.

Well, they only appear to you.

But no, currently there's no way to delete them. I guess you'll be able see the last 36 radio stations created by you, besides the recommended ones.

BittencourtSpotify Star

that's too bad. in regards to radio stations Pandora does a better job

Marked as solution

Spotify is always working to improve the user's experience. You can post any idea you think that may be postive here:

BittencourtSpotify Star

Yes! I want this precise ability on android too!

Yup! i want this on android too!

Suggested posts