Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files not syncing to mobile app

local files not syncing to mobile app

I have local files on my desktop synced and can listen to them there; however when I click on local files on the mobile app it says it's currently empty. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?  I've removed all devices and have reinstalled the mobile app.  

Iphone 6

iOS 8.2

Desktop Spotify version 0.9.15.27.g87efe634

Mobile spotify version 2.6.0.2113

Thanks!

Karen 

5 Replies

Make an new playlisg called "Local Files" and then copy all local files into this playlist.

Then go into that playlist in the iOS app and switch on the "available offline" switch.

Does that start the sycning process? Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm also having the same problem. Only 1 song actually sycned, so I'm guessing it's just buggy right now. Spotify does a terrible job explaining what "offline" mode is and how to use it properly.

Hey Matt, 

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting bac to you sooner.  Unfortunately, I did all those steps and the files appear, but are not available to play.  I welcome any additional thoughts.  

Thanks,

Karen 

I tried this, but it's not working! The playlist on my iPhone appears and says there's two files in it... until I open it and then it says it's empty. Any advice?

Suggested posts