Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Does a Spotify Connect Receiver on a USB stick exist?

Hello, I have a pair of Quad 9L powered speakers with built in dac.There is a usb input on the speaker for use with digital audi in (like from an amp or pc).There is also a 3.5mm jack for analogue in on the speaker too. Ideally, I would like to plug ...

• Hello,   I have a pair of Quad 9L powered speakers with built in dac. There is a usb input on the speaker for use with digital audi in (like from an amp or pc). There is also a 3.5mm jack fo...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can no longer log into Spotify via Facebook on my ipad

On my ipad, I am unable to log into Spotify via Facebook, for the last couple of weeks. Before get to this point, it would struggle to connect despite me being online with all my other apps. what is happening now is when I choose the log via Facebook...

• Regular
  • On my ipad, I am unable to log into Spotify via Facebook, for the last couple of weeks. Before get to this point, it would struggle to connect despite me being online with all my other apps.   ...
  • no31
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Problem

Hello, I have recently upgraded to premium (again) and it prompted that it was not available in my region. I live in the United States and I did this through the app on my iPhone. I then went to settings and it said I will get my first month December...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have recently upgraded to premium (again) and it prompted that it was not available in my region. I live in the United States and I did this through the app on my iPhone. I then went to sett...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

Good evening, I would like to know why since I made premium subscription I can not hear my music. Thanks for quick response

• Good evening, I would like to know why since I made premium subscription I can not hear my music. Thanks for quick response
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] No artwork showing in offline mode

Im on iOS 9.0.2 and when im in offline mode i wont get any artworks until i go online than it shows. Im using spotify v4.2.0 and im Premium

• Im on iOS 9.0.2 and when im in offline mode i wont get any artworks until i go online than it shows.   Im using spotify v4.2.0 and im Premium
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to change playlist order

Hi everyone!I have a little problem with my playlist order for my iPhone5s. I renamed the favourites playlist simply adding a star emoji and now the order of the songs is changed: it's not 'from the newest to the oldest' anymore... now it shows me th...

• Hi everyone! I have a little problem with my playlist order for my iPhone5s. I renamed the favourites playlist simply adding a star emoji and now the order of the songs is changed: it's not 'from ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artists with "The" Prefix in Name Sort Order in Album View

On iOS, in Album view, artists with "The" prefix incorrectly alphabetize to the "T" section rather than omitting the "The" prefix. The Desktop version correctly sorts these artists. Don't know if this is a "bug" or intended behavior. If the former, p...

• On iOS, in Album view, artists with "The" prefix incorrectly alphabetize to the "T" section rather than omitting the "The" prefix. The Desktop version correctly sorts these artists. Don't know i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Album view
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Time display

Hi, I am new to Spotify so this may be a dumb question. I am trying to use this for the spin class that I teach but the time elapsed display on the song keeps disappearing which is not ideal when you are trying to keep track of the time. When I tap t...

• Hi, I am new to Spotify so this may be a dumb question. I am trying to use this for the spin class that I teach but the time elapsed display on the song keeps disappearing which is not ideal when you...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! when adding new songs why dont they go to the top

so i just got a new phone and i added my spotify and im a premium user. when i add a new song on my starred playlist it automatically goes to the bottom but on my old phone they went to the top, now i have to go through my 400 starred + songs to get ...

• so i just got a new phone and i added my spotify and im a premium user. when i add a new song on my starred playlist it automatically goes to the bottom but on my old phone they went to the top, now ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account

Since I updated my iPhone I cannot get my Spotify premium to work. I have reinstalled logged in and out numerous times. My playlists are all there but premium is gone and isn't even an option. I sent in a request for help but haven't heard back. I'm ...

• Since I updated my iPhone I cannot get my Spotify premium to work. I have reinstalled logged in and out numerous times. My playlists are all there but premium is gone and isn't even an option. I sent...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Giftcard

I brought a Giftcard, activated it but it isn't working. I have dried everything......

• I brought a Giftcard, activated it but it isn't working. I have dried everything......
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for Premium but still on Free

I paid for premium on the 19th but I'm still on free. I have logged out of my Spotify account. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still nothing will work. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my account back to premium? I have be...

• I paid for premium on the 19th but I'm still on free. I have logged out of my Spotify account. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still nothing will work. Does anyone have any advice ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting for premium Premium

I paid for premium earlier but it's still not updated my profile? How long does this usually take?

• I paid for premium earlier but it's still not updated my profile? How long does this usually take?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got Spotify free with Vodafone but changed from perineum account to free even tho It should befree

I got my account free for life when I took out a contract with Vodafone but now it's gone it's coming up free why is this it changed when I went on holidays and I never got it back

• Casual Listener
  • I got my account free for life when I took out a contract with Vodafone but now it's gone it's coming up free why is this it changed when I went on holidays and I never got it back
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [iOS] why is my friend getting more out of spotify than me?

Hello Spotify Community! I have an iPod touch 5th gen, and when my friend and I had iOS 8 on my iPod and his iPad, he was getting the capablities of the web player on his iPad, while I didn't. For example, he could search any song he wanted and could...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify Community!   I have an iPod touch 5th gen, and when my friend and I had iOS 8 on my iPod and his iPad, he was getting the capablities of the web player on his iPad, while I didn'...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourites playlist order

Hi there, my favourites list was always in order of new to old songs. New added songs at top. Now, the lists order is the other way. So to listen to a new added song I must scroll all down. Anybody with an solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, my favourites list was always in order of new to old songs. New added songs at top. Now, the lists order is the other way. So to listen to a new added song I must scroll all down. Anybody w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • favourites playlist
    order
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading on 6s Plus! Help!

Hey everyone. I just bought a 6s Plus today and loaded my Spotify account onto it. I went to my songs and hit the available offline option. I've made sure that this is the 3rd and final device I can assign this option to. Then it says waiting to down...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone. I just bought a 6s Plus today and loaded my Spotify account onto it. I went to my songs and hit the available offline option. I've made sure that this is the 3rd and final device I can ...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloading music
    iPhone 6s
    Spotify Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting songs from starred list

I can't seem to figure out a way to delete songs from my starred list on the new app for iPhones. I often add an entire album to my starred list so I can listen offline and then delete the songs I don't want as they play. Is it still possible to do t...

• I can't seem to figure out a way to delete songs from my starred list on the new app for iPhones. I often add an entire album to my starred list so I can listen offline and then delete the songs I do...
  • doriss
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not activating

I just purchased premium again and this time its not activating, could you please help

• I just purchased premium again and this time its not activating, could you please help
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing songs not on my playlist (android)

Hi. Ever since i stopped paying for premium when I try listening to one of my playlists, it play songs that aren't even on my list. . . and it won't let me skip them or anything. . . I saw some people had same problems, and I tried looking for the 'q...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Ever since i stopped paying for premium when I try listening to one of my playlists, it play songs that aren't even on my list. . . and it won't let me skip them or anything. . . I saw some peopl...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes