Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Waiting for premium Premium

I paid for premium earlier but it's still not updated my profile? How long does this usually take?

• I paid for premium earlier but it's still not updated my profile? How long does this usually take?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got Spotify free with Vodafone but changed from perineum account to free even tho It should befree

I got my account free for life when I took out a contract with Vodafone but now it's gone it's coming up free why is this it changed when I went on holidays and I never got it back

• Casual Listener
  • I got my account free for life when I took out a contract with Vodafone but now it's gone it's coming up free why is this it changed when I went on holidays and I never got it back
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [iOS] why is my friend getting more out of spotify than me?

Hello Spotify Community! I have an iPod touch 5th gen, and when my friend and I had iOS 8 on my iPod and his iPad, he was getting the capablities of the web player on his iPad, while I didn't. For example, he could search any song he wanted and could...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify Community!   I have an iPod touch 5th gen, and when my friend and I had iOS 8 on my iPod and his iPad, he was getting the capablities of the web player on his iPad, while I didn'...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourites playlist order

Hi there, my favourites list was always in order of new to old songs. New added songs at top. Now, the lists order is the other way. So to listen to a new added song I must scroll all down. Anybody with an solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, my favourites list was always in order of new to old songs. New added songs at top. Now, the lists order is the other way. So to listen to a new added song I must scroll all down. Anybody w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • favourites playlist
    order
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading on 6s Plus! Help!

Hey everyone. I just bought a 6s Plus today and loaded my Spotify account onto it. I went to my songs and hit the available offline option. I've made sure that this is the 3rd and final device I can assign this option to. Then it says waiting to down...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone. I just bought a 6s Plus today and loaded my Spotify account onto it. I went to my songs and hit the available offline option. I've made sure that this is the 3rd and final device I can ...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloading music
    iPhone 6s
    Spotify Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting songs from starred list

I can't seem to figure out a way to delete songs from my starred list on the new app for iPhones. I often add an entire album to my starred list so I can listen offline and then delete the songs I don't want as they play. Is it still possible to do t...

• I can't seem to figure out a way to delete songs from my starred list on the new app for iPhones. I often add an entire album to my starred list so I can listen offline and then delete the songs I do...
  • doriss
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not activating

I just purchased premium again and this time its not activating, could you please help

• I just purchased premium again and this time its not activating, could you please help
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing songs not on my playlist (android)

Hi. Ever since i stopped paying for premium when I try listening to one of my playlists, it play songs that aren't even on my list. . . and it won't let me skip them or anything. . . I saw some people had same problems, and I tried looking for the 'q...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Ever since i stopped paying for premium when I try listening to one of my playlists, it play songs that aren't even on my list. . . and it won't let me skip them or anything. . . I saw some peopl...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sending songs to non-Facebook people on iOS (iPad, iPhone and iPod)

After a fair amount of hunting I located a non-Facebook friend on Spotify ( *gasp* they DO exist!) but while we can share songs via desktop we are unable to share on our iPads/iPods/iPhones. It seems very odd that I can send to FB friends but not non...

• After a fair amount of hunting I located a non-Facebook friend on Spotify ( *gasp* they DO exist!) but while we can share songs via desktop we are unable to share on our iPads/iPods/iPhones. It seems...
  • funkbunk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Musixmatch and IPAD

On my Windows , i can see the lyric of all song but in my IPAD the button is not there. WHY? I download Musixmatch on my ipad and i have Spotify premium and the button is not there? Than you for help

• On my Windows , i can see the lyric of all song but in my IPAD the button is not there. WHY?   I download Musixmatch on my ipad and i have Spotify premium and the button is not there?   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover Art/Local files/iPad

It has been 2 or 3 years that I am fighting for having my cover arts of my local files on my IPad !! They are all very well (cover arts) on my music in ITunes , these local files are sometimes with the cover Art on Spotify on my IMac but very rarely ...

• Regular
  • It has been 2 or 3 years that I am fighting for having my cover arts of my local files on my IPad !! They are all very well (cover arts) on my music in ITunes , these local files are sometimes with t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs on demand on ipod?

I've got an ipad which can play Spotify songs on demand for free. My android phone can only shuffle play songs, not play them on demand. I'm thinking of getting an ipod touch 6g, will it still be able to play songs on demand????

• Casual Listener
  • I've got an ipad which can play Spotify songs on demand for free. My android phone can only shuffle play songs, not play them on demand. I'm thinking of getting an ipod touch 6g, will it still be abl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast Icon only in playback controls

I am wondering if somebody knows something that I am missing here. I want to use my Chromecast with my iPhone, however I can only see the Chromecast icon from the playback controls. Which means if there is nothing playing (or paused) I cannot see the...

• Regular
  • I am wondering if somebody knows something that I am missing here.   I want to use my Chromecast with my iPhone, however I can only see the Chromecast icon from the playback controls.  Wh...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Switching tracks on Chromecast

Hi, When using Spotify via Chromecast, is there any way to switch tracks on your device's lock screen instead of having to unlock your device and opening the app? Thanks.

• Hi,    When using Spotify via Chromecast, is there any way to switch tracks on your device's lock screen instead of having to unlock your device and opening the app?    Thanks...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook automatically lowers volume iOS 9.1

Hey guys! Just updated my Facebook app today and now when playing music from my Spotify app the volume automatically lowers and raises from entering and exiting the Facebook app? Kinda annoying?!?!? I'm running iOS 9.1 with the latest Spotify and Fac...

• Hey guys! Just updated my Facebook app today and now when playing music from my Spotify app the volume automatically lowers and raises  from entering and exiting the Facebook app? Kinda annoying...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a premium account but it's not recognizing it

I have a premium account under Cmandou. I recently reset my password and now it's saying upgrade to premium for 12.99 when I already pay $10. Please help!!

• I have a premium account under Cmandou. I recently reset my password and now it's saying upgrade to premium for 12.99 when I already pay $10. Please help!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My saved music library disappearing

Today I noticed all of my saved music was erases, thankfully I also keep it in playlists, for different genres too, so I decided to re-save all 1454 songs again, I'd did it. So today I was listening to one of my playlists that compiles stuff from the...

• Today I noticed all of my saved music was erases, thankfully I also keep it in playlists, for different genres too, so I decided to re-save all 1454 songs again, I'd did it. So today I was listening ...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

webversion

hey a question i know somehow you can get the spotify app to work on ios 5but can't we just use the webversion ?

• Roadie
  • hey a question  i know somehow you can get the spotify app to work on ios 5 but can't we just use the webversion ?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I still use Spotify on my old iPod?

I just found my old iPod nano and I was wondering if I can still use Spotify to put music on it like I could in the first year of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • I just found my old iPod nano and I was wondering if I can still use Spotify to put music on it like I could in the first year of Spotify?
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing on iPhone 5S

Hi there. This just started. === START OF TEMPLATE ===Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes as soon as I click on the icon to open it on my iPhone. Steps to reproduce the issue:Click Spotify icon. It rests on a screen that says I am offline...

• Hi there. This just started.    === START OF TEMPLATE === Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes as soon as I click on the icon to open it on my iPhone.  Steps...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes