Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

I have a premium account but it's not recognizing it

I have a premium account under Cmandou. I recently reset my password and now it's saying upgrade to premium for 12.99 when I already pay $10. Please help!!

• I have a premium account under Cmandou. I recently reset my password and now it's saying upgrade to premium for 12.99 when I already pay $10. Please help!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My saved music library disappearing

Today I noticed all of my saved music was erases, thankfully I also keep it in playlists, for different genres too, so I decided to re-save all 1454 songs again, I'd did it. So today I was listening to one of my playlists that compiles stuff from the...

• Today I noticed all of my saved music was erases, thankfully I also keep it in playlists, for different genres too, so I decided to re-save all 1454 songs again, I'd did it. So today I was listening ...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

webversion

hey a question i know somehow you can get the spotify app to work on ios 5but can't we just use the webversion ?

• Roadie
  • hey a question  i know somehow you can get the spotify app to work on ios 5 but can't we just use the webversion ?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I still use Spotify on my old iPod?

I just found my old iPod nano and I was wondering if I can still use Spotify to put music on it like I could in the first year of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • I just found my old iPod nano and I was wondering if I can still use Spotify to put music on it like I could in the first year of Spotify?
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing on iPhone 5S

Hi there. This just started. === START OF TEMPLATE ===Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes as soon as I click on the icon to open it on my iPhone. Steps to reproduce the issue:Click Spotify icon. It rests on a screen that says I am offline...

• Hi there. This just started.    === START OF TEMPLATE === Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes as soon as I click on the icon to open it on my iPhone.  Steps...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not work on iPhone anymore - but no issues on other iOS devices

Hi all, For a couple of weeks, I am having problems with Spotify on my iPhone. It first started that whenever I started playing a song, it would stop a couple of seconds before the song was over and not automatically switch to the next song either. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   For a couple of weeks, I am having problems with Spotify on my iPhone. It first started that whenever I started playing a song, it would stop a couple of seconds before the song was ...
  • dsa_7
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstalling iOS App while Keeping Offline Tracks

I have not needed to do this yet, but I know there will come a day when I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the Spotify app. What I don't want to happen is lose the settings that I have added for offline songs and albums on my iPhone. Does an...

• Visitor
  • I have not needed to do this yet, but I know there will come a day when I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the Spotify app. What I don't want to happen is lose the settings that I have added...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Offline Access
    Uninstall
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded, but still on free account on IOS.

I upgraded my Spotify account via Spotify.com. Installed the Spotify app on iOS, but it is still coming up as a free account. I have uninstalled / reinstalled the app, with no success. i have tried contactingspotify via their support system, but I ne...

• I upgraded my Spotify account via Spotify.com. Installed the Spotify app on iOS, but it is still coming up as a free account. I have uninstalled / reinstalled the app, with no success.   i hav...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium yet shuffle won't turn off

I see so many others with this problem but what is the solution? I use my Spotify to teach classes and cannot get the Shuffle to turn off.

• I see so many others with this problem but what is the solution?  I use my Spotify to teach classes and cannot get the Shuffle to turn off.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium family plan

I just paid for the family plan with 1 other person and we are both at work trying to play off 2 different devices and anytime either one of us presses play it pauses the other persons and plays on the current, not sure if I just wasted an extra $5 f...

• I just paid for the family plan with 1 other person and we are both at work trying to play off 2 different devices and anytime either one of us presses play it pauses the other persons and plays on t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes on ipad pro.

Spotify crashes, at startup, on ipad pro. Any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • Spotify crashes, at startup, on ipad pro.   Any suggestions?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

hid Cover album for less data

Can I use spotify without view the cover album to use less data ? Tks

• Can I use spotify without view the cover album to use less data ?   Tks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running should be able to play my own playlist!!!

Hallo Spotify. I really like the running feature, but I don't undestand why I can't select my own playlist. I mean you got all the data for all the track in your database, so what the problem in calculating my playlist's BPM insted? Kind regards Ande...

• Music Fan
  • Hallo Spotify.   I really like the running feature, but I don't undestand why I can't select my own playlist. I mean you got all the data for all the track in your database, so what the proble...
  • AndersSaronD
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • BPM
    Playlist feature
    Running with spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist trouble !!

Hi, am very new to Spotify so still learning ! Is there a way of transferring multiple songs to a playlist at once instead of pressing "add to playlist" for each individual song !! Very tedious!!!! Am on an iPhone and have no access to a desktop. Ple...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, am very new to Spotify so still learning ! Is there a way of transferring multiple songs to a playlist at once instead of pressing "add to playlist" for each individual song !! Very tedious!!!! A...
  • gaz1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify family subscription

I have recently wanted to add my son to the family account. There doesn't seem to be an other to invie another? Can you help with this. I have read a few things regarding this but i'm still rather confused.

• I have recently wanted to add my son to the family account. There doesn't seem to be an other to invie another? Can you help with this. I have read a few things regarding this but i'm still rather co...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont let me download my OWN list.

Hey, i got spotify premium. I tried too download my own starred tracks, but it won't start downloading. I've tried re-downloading spotify multiple times. And often i can't even find my own playlist on my iphone 6. I got the 9.1 update, my premium exp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i got spotify premium. I tried too download my own starred tracks, but it won't start downloading. I've tried re-downloading spotify multiple times. And often i can't even find my own playlist o...
  • Logicsbrother
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting..

My spotify has said "connecting.." for many hours now, and there's nothing wrong with my internet. I've updated the app, reset password, loged in/out. What to do? I'm so frustrated. Btw on my iphone 6.

• My spotify has said "connecting.." for many hours now, and there's nothing wrong with my internet. I've updated the app, reset password, loged in/out. What to do? I'm so frustrated. Btw on my iphone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't connect ios9

Spotify won't connect on my iPad, my wife's iPad or my iPhone all running ios9.1 when I try to connect, the "connecting..." bar just stays the same and never connects. strangely tracks will play for about 10-12 seconds then pause, even though Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't connect on my iPad, my wife's iPad or my iPhone all running ios9.1   when I try to connect, the "connecting..." bar just stays the same and never connects.   strangely tra...
  • retro40
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing on iPhone

While working on my Mac, listening on my iPhone is not working. How can i fix?

• Casual Listener
  • While working on my Mac, listening on my iPhone is not working.  How can i fix?
  • Pricilla
  • Spotify
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast Audio and iOS

Hello, I have a couple of questions vwith Spotify via Chromecast Audio. 1) At the end of each song on a playlist (or album), there is a slight gap in audio a few seconds before the song ends. This is not the normal gap between songs, this happens whi...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have a couple of questions vwith Spotify via Chromecast Audio.   1) At the end of each song on a playlist (or album), there is a slight gap in audio a few seconds before the song ends...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes