Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Nike Running + Spotify don't work on my iPhone 4s

I'm a premium subscriber and I use spotify offline mode when I go out for a run. When I begin my run under the wifi network the music starts but later -after a couple of minutes- stops. I have to stop my run, open spotify, and click play or next song...

• I'm a premium subscriber and I use spotify offline mode when I go out for a run. When I begin my run under the wifi network the music starts but later -after a couple of minutes- stops. I have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

V4.1 update

I can't download the latest update from the App Store, the icon has disappeared and the updated app won't download. Can anyone help?

• I can't download the latest update from the App Store, the icon has disappeared and the updated app won't download. Can anyone help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to download error on iPhone 6

I have been a premium member for several years now. I attempted to download the update so I could make several of my playlist offline capable on my iPhone 6 with up to date software. After receiving the error that the download cannot be completed, I ...

• I have been a premium member for several years now. I attempted to download the update so I could make several of my playlist offline capable on my iPhone 6 with up to date software. After receiving ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why can't I search from any page?

I'm frequently browsing music and listening and checking I get an idea and so want to search . . . and I can't! I have to hit "Back" ten times to get to a page that has search on it. Am I missing something? This seems like an obvious feature to have,...

• I'm frequently browsing music and listening and checking I get an idea and so want to search . . . and I can't!    I have to hit "Back" ten times to get to a page that has search on ...
  • Macatron
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't play after ad. I want to know if it's just me?

This usually happens on the ads that promise 30 minutes of ad free music. After the ad stops, nothing plays. I found that I have to go to a different playlist, play that, and then go back to my intended playlist. After I go back to the playlist, the ...

2015-09-10 10.00.42.png 2015-09-10 10.01.15.png
  • Music Fan
  • This usually happens on the ads that promise 30 minutes of ad free music. After the ad stops, nothing plays. I found that I have to go to a different playlist, play that, and then go back to my inten...
  • winter_rogue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played gone?

My iOS app used to have recently played under "Your Music" I seem to recall it not being it's own tab/section, but at the bottom of the menu items under "Your Music." Where is it now? I loved that feature.

• Regular
  • My iOS app used to have recently played under "Your Music"   I seem to recall it not being it's own tab/section, but at the bottom of the menu items under "Your Music."   Where is it no...
  • benmackie
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are all my local files?

I found the local files playlist but there are only 119 tracks when I have over 2k most of which are ripped from my CD collection. I dont want to even open Apples Music app as it makes me squemish. Please help!!!!

• Regular
  • I found the local files playlist but there are only 119 tracks when I have over 2k most of which are ripped from my CD collection. I dont want to even open Apples Music app as it makes me squemish. P...
  • Loke2112
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium but still in random mode

Hello,I have a premium account but when I use the iphone app, I can only listen the songs randomly.I have already tried to disconnect and reconnect, and re install the app. Thnanks in advance Thomas

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a premium account but when I use the iphone app, I can only listen the songs randomly. I have already tried to disconnect and reconnect, and re install the app.   Thnanks in ad...
  • cucufa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play Repeat

For whatever reason, when I play my playlists on shuffle, they will automatically repeat after a few songs. I do generally let my music play I. The background while other apps are open. I make sure that repeat is not on and I do not have duplicate tr...

• Casual Listener
  • For whatever reason, when I play my playlists on shuffle, they will automatically repeat after a few songs. I do generally let my music play I. The background while other apps are open. I make sure t...
  • Chooltacos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat
    Shuffle in playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify takes forever to load now on my old iphones I use as ipods. Basically unusable.

I use an iPhone 4 and also an iPhone 4s as ipods to play music at work and home and all of a sudden, both will barely load anything on Spotify. Takes about 5-10 minutes to even open and then who knows how long to search and open any request I punch i...

• I use an iPhone 4 and also an iPhone 4s as ipods to play music at work and home and all of a sudden, both will barely load anything on Spotify. Takes about 5-10 minutes to even open and then who know...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify doesn't work on old iphone 4 and 4s
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download songs to my Iphone 5

Iphone 5IOS 9.0.2I have spotift family with 3 users including myself. The problem is with my girlfriends phone which wont download song offline no matter what i do. The phone has 6GB left I have tried downloaded it over wifi and 3GIve tried to remove...

• Casual Listener
  • Iphone 5 IOS 9.0.2 I have spotift family with 3 users including myself. The problem is with my girlfriends phone which wont download song offline no matter what i do.  The phone has 6GB left&...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download From Windows PC to Iphone via USB? Possible?

Hi All Sitting here at my work desk. Is it possible to sync/download music to my iphone using a USB cable connected to my Win 7 (work) PC? I have only ever put music on my iphone directly when at home using wifi connection on my iphone. If so can I d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All   Sitting here at my work desk.   Is it possible to sync/download music to my iphone using a USB cable connected to my Win 7 (work) PC?  I have only ever put music on my iph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Spotify Connect available on Sony SRS-X9

Hi All Ive just bought a Sony SRS-X9 speaker, which is one of the ones that Spotify Connect should be available for. However, when I use either my iPhone6 or my iPad, I do not get the option to use Spotify Connect, even though the icon is shown, as t...

• Hi All   Ive just bought a Sony SRS-X9 speaker, which is one of the ones that Spotify Connect should be available for. However, when I use either my iPhone6 or my iPad, I do not get the option...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists not syncing from Macbook Pro to iPhone 5s

Hello Spotify community! First, a quick look at my specs. Mobile device: iPhone 5s running 9.02 IOSSpotify version 4.1.0.941Yes, I've followed the exact instructions on the Spotify website on how to sync a playlist.Yes, I've done a clean reinstallati...

• Hello Spotify community!   First, a quick look at my specs.   Mobile device: iPhone 5s running 9.02 IOS Spotify version 4.1.0.941 Yes, I've followed the exact instructions on the Spot...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Update problems

The update isn't working and I can't open the app or delete. Any suggestions?

• The update isn't working and I can't open the app or delete. Any suggestions?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't continue playing after exiting Siri

When I'm playing music on Spotify, I activate Siri by holding down the home button, Spotify stops as it should, but when I exit Siri it doesn't always continue playing as it should. Some of the time it will continue as expected, but not always.I'm us...

• Regular
  • When I'm playing music on Spotify, I activate Siri by holding down the home button, Spotify stops as it should, but when I exit Siri it doesn't always continue playing as it should. Some of the time ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot log in to Spotify on my iPhone 6s

This all suddenly happened.Everything was working just fine, the suddenly the app would not open. I deleted it from my phone and then downloaded it again.When it came time to log in, I tried by logging in through Facebook and then by putting in my us...

• This all suddenly happened. Everything was working just fine, the suddenly the app would not open. I deleted it from my phone and then downloaded it again. When it came time to log in, I tried by l...
  • madelinej
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline download problems

Hi all,lately I have problems with downloading songs or albums on the offline option(I do have the premium spotify) I have tried to close the application and open it again but no chenges, I checked hoe many Gb I have and I have 5GB free. Anyone could...

• Hi all, lately I have problems with downloading songs or albums on the offline option(I do have the premium spotify)  I have tried to close the application and open it again but no chenges, I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect is not available when screen is off iOS

Hi, I connect and control my older iphones (4S and 4) sitting in various speakers using spotify connect. The only problem is that the screen needs to be on at all times, if it is off the connection to the phone is grey on the controlling phone, and I...

• Hi,    I connect and control my older iphones (4S and 4) sitting in various speakers using spotify connect. The only problem is that the screen needs to be on at all times, if it is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    lockscreen
    screen
    unable to play
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist vs Queue/Starred Songs

I have several 1980's songs starred/liked and made available offline. I'm in the process of adding more from another 1980's playlist. Some of the songs I like are on the new list. When the shuffle play hits a song I already have, it switches to the l...

• I have several 1980's songs starred/liked and made available offline.  I'm in the process of adding more from another 1980's playlist.  Some of the songs I like are on the new list.  W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes