Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! TIMER FADES!

For Spin Instructors, the timer is vital to teaching class; we use specific coaching cues that directily tie into the timer on songs. However, after a few seconds, the timer now fades away. So now an instructor has to keep tapping the phone to see th...

• Casual Listener
  • For Spin Instructors, the timer is vital to teaching class;  we use specific coaching cues that directily tie into the timer on songs.  However, after a few seconds, the timer now fades awa...
  • JesseHedrick
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files dont sync

Hello, since 2 days my IPod and my Android Phone cant sync local Files. I reinstalled the app (erased all files before) and tried some older versions but nothing helped. When the song is playing on the pc the devices say "Can´t play the current song"...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   since 2 days my IPod and my Android Phone cant sync local Files.   I reinstalled the app (erased all files before) and tried some older versions but nothing helped.  When ...
  • Blutarsky
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't login using iPhone app

If I login using a web browser I have no problems accessing my account.The IOS app however complains when I try to login. I get the message "Login failed - you've already created an account with this address"I'm definitely selecting the Log In option...

• If I login using a web browser I have no problems accessing my account. The IOS app however complains when I try to login. I get the message "Login failed - you've already created an account with ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music erased on my IPhone

Hello everyone.I have a problem with managing my music. I have a premium account and I listen to Spotify on iPhone; IPad and Mac.I often listen to music in offline mode.But then, it is at least the second time that ALL of my songs are deleted from my...

• Hello everyone. I have a problem with managing my music. I have a premium account and I listen to Spotify on iPhone; IPad and Mac. I often listen to music in offline mode. But then, it is at l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song title notification in IOS application

Most of the time, when I listen to Spotify in my car, I don't have the Spotify app open. I mostly use a GPS app and that would be awsome to see the name of the song when it start playing in the notification center. The notification would popup in fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Most of the time, when I listen to Spotify in my car, I don't have the Spotify app open. I mostly use a GPS app and that would be awsome to see the name of the song when it  start playing in the...
  • Babou19
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

offline mode and data usage

Hi, I have a question,I remember that in ithe past there was an option that if you chose "play offline" it downloaded songs only when you were under wifi and stopped synching when you were under cell data usage.Now this option is disappeared and I us...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a question, I remember that in ithe past there was an option that if you chose "play offline" it downloaded songs only when you were under wifi and stopped synching when you were under ce...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS datos

Buenas tardes quisiera saber porque en iOS si consume datos aun que tengas listas guardadas en tu dispositivo,anteriormente tenia Android y no sucedia esto.es una opcion o algo?Spoiler (Highlight to read)

• Casual Listener
  • Buenas tardes quisiera saber porque en iOS si consume datos aun que tengas listas guardadas en tu dispositivo, anteriormente tenia Android y no sucedia esto. es una opcion o algo?  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Have premium account but playlists greyed out on iphone and laptop

I have subscribed to premium for years. Recently not been able to open playlists on iphone and laptop. Am being classified as a free customer yet on my Kindle I can still access all playlists. Please respond with advice. Many thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • I have subscribed to premium for years.  Recently not been able to open playlists on iphone and laptop.  Am being classified as a free customer yet on my Kindle I can still access all playl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on synced tracks on playlists

I subscribed to several spotify playlists that have rotating tracks. I also have them synced offline so they take up some memory from my phone. When the tracks are removed from the playlist, are these tracks still synced offline to my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • I subscribed to several spotify playlists that have rotating tracks. I also have them synced offline so they take up some memory from my phone. When the tracks are removed from the playlist, are...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files aren't on iPhone anymore

Hello communtiy, I've got a problem with my local files. As you can see in the picture on my PC there are 321 local mp3 files but on my iPhone not a single one.A few weeks ago it worked but now I dont know what to do. Already reinstalled on PC and iP...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello communtiy,   I've got a problem with my local files. As you can see in the picture on my PC there are 321 local mp3 files but on my iPhone not a single one. A few weeks ago it worked bu...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Word section gone from iOS?

I used to love the word section on my phone. Now I can only find it on my desktop. What's up?

• I used to love the word section on my phone. Now I can only find it on my desktop.     What's up?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium isn't working.

I recently purchased Spotify premium for like $12.99, I did it through my iTunes account so it used my iTunes card, it's been like 3 weeks and hasn't showed up yet, I've tried logging out and back in, deleting the app and re-downloading and nothing. ...

• I recently purchased Spotify premium for like $12.99, I did it through my iTunes account so it used my iTunes card, it's been like 3 weeks and hasn't showed up yet, I've tried logging out and back in...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not working
    Spotify Premium
    thanks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium not recognized on phone or website.

I got an email from iTunes having taken the 12.99 out of my bank account for premium. $25.98. Renewal. Spotify says I don't have it? I use it connected to my Facebook. Very frustrating as I pay for my boyfriends and mine and his still works!

• I got an email from iTunes having taken the 12.99 out of my bank account for premium. $25.98. Renewal. Spotify says I don't have it? I use it connected to my Facebook. Very frustrating as I pay for m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist ordering

I use the 'starred playlist' that was created after starred tracks was got rid of and it was all fine until about a week ago when the most recent songs that I put on there are at the bottom of the playlist and I don't know why it's putting them there...

• I use the 'starred playlist' that was created after starred tracks was got rid of and it was all fine until about a week ago when the most recent songs that I put on there are at the bottom of t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Background colors don't match current album art

So, the background colors/shading correspond to the album art for the song that will play next, not the song currently playing. Tried deleting and reinstalling but it persists. Help?

• Visitor
  • So, the background colors/shading correspond to the album art for the song that will play next, not the song currently playing. Tried deleting and reinstalling but it persists. Help?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Although i have not been outside my country since i installes spotify i can not access to my account

An error window appeares when i want to access to my account saying that u can not use spotify more than 14 days abroad. I have not been abroad since i instolled the app

• An error window appeares when i want to access to my account saying that u can not use spotify more than 14 days abroad. I have not been abroad since i instolled the app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode and streaming

I have some questions about data and offline mode. 1) what is the difference between offline mode switch within settings and choosing an album and toggleing the switch to make it "available offline?" As an example, I have an album that has the availa...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some questions about data and offline mode.   1) what is the difference between offline mode switch within settings and choosing an album and toggleing the switch to make it "available ...
  • lechusan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: i need to use the song timer for my work- I notice the time fades away after a few seconds

The "Timer" concern has a message board post. Please search board for "Please-DO-NOT-hide timer". There are several Spin instructors with the same concern, including myself. Please find, read through, and leave your "Kudos" & voice your concern, so t...

• Casual Listener
  • The "Timer" concern has a message board post.  Please search board for "Please-DO-NOT-hide timer".  There are several Spin instructors with the same concern, including myself.  Please ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes