local files still won't sync between desktop and iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows Laptop > iPhone XR 

Operating System

Windows 10 to iOS 12.1.1 (I won't update until they fix that cell issue)

My Question or Issue

I had several local songs on my computer that I was able to play on my iPhone for years, with absolutely zero issue. Then one day a few months ago, poof! All the songs are no longer playable on my iPhone. I have been trying to get local files from my Windows computer to my iPhone for weeks. I have tried it on multiple computers, different wireless networks. I have turned off the firewall on the computer, made the computer discoverable on the wireless network, revoked and added back offline privileges in my account settings, toggled the downloaded button -- quite literally exhausted all potential fixes to this issue. Please note that I have done all these things! I don't want to hear these same suggestions again haha 

By the way, why are the directions on the spotify official website wrong? They keep talking about "offline" when their apps now simply say "download". So weird 

2 Replies

Update: It appears that many of the local files will sync with my phone and play...except the ones I actually want. Of course! 

I have a windows computer, I have the exact same problem, I tried contacting spotify help but it basically took me on a wild goose chase ultimately concluding that it was impossible to sync between iPhone and Windows computer 😕

Suggested posts